Chapter 2 - Prep Work

An emergency broadcast is splayed across the tv. It looks like it is repeating the same message. "Don't get bit, dead come to life, stay inside, avoid contact with the contaminated, evacs are being set up, await official instructions." 

He looks outside and sees something standing near the accident. Not moving. It's very unnerving. A woman comes running to the accident and starts screaming for someone to call 911. The figure then turns around and lunges at her, ripping her throat open and tearing into her. She eventually falls limp as she slowly dies. 

But the worst was yet to come because after the figure was done, her body rose from the ground and she had the same distant stance that he did. He closed the curtain and started breathing heavily. He felt his heart beating faster. This was real. 

He starts moving his furniture to anywhere those creatures could break into. His backyard is surrounded by a sturdy brick wall which wasn't a lot but it was enough that he didn't barricade the back door. These... contaminated hopefully can't climb. 

After barricading most of his living area, he decides to head to the kitchen. Since he doesn't know how long before he is saved he starts looking for preserved food. Most of the canned food he has won't expire for some time. Once he had a bin full of food he grabbed some candles and a flashlight and heads to the basement suite. Luckily for him, he hasn't rented it out yet. 

As soon as he had himself settled in the basement the power cut out. He sighed and started charging his battery on his windup flashlight. It was going to be a long night.