Chapter 5 - Surprise!

Angy called Joel over and opened up two crates full of different weapons and building supplies. Looks like the old man was going to prepare a base for himself but went crazy. These could beef up their little home into a decent base. 

Angy looked up at Joel," I'll make you a deal. You carry both crates, and I'll cover your ass." 

Joel laughed for the first time in weeks, "You've got a deal." 

They made the long trek back to the house and opened the door to find Daisy checking the food for expiration dates. She looked up as they came in grabbing a knife off the counter, then relaxing when she realized who opened the door. She set the knife down again and came and hugged Angy. "Oh thank god. I was so worried." 

Angy hugged her back and smiled, "Worrying about us? Pfff we're a great team, nothing could beat us." 

Daisy giggled and then looked to Joel who was still struggling with the two crates. She widened her eyes, "What'd you find?" Joel put the crates in the backyard and stretched, "Some things that will make us a lot safer." Daisy sighed, "No food then hey?" Angy smirked, "I found some in the house, don't worry. We will be good for another week." 

Suddenly a knock at the door interrupts the group. Daisy grabs her knife, Angy readies her pistol as she looks out the eyehole. "What's that?" Daisy asked quietly. "There's two men out here. They are covered in blood. Should we let them in?" Joel nodds and pulls out his machete just in case they were in for a fight. 

Joel stands next to Angy and prepares to protect his new friends. Angy opens the door and the two men stand there leaning against each other. "Please. We need help." the one said. "My friend won't make it if he doesn't get some help soon."