Chapter 04: The Skeleton in the Attic

Their second day had passed in the blink of an eye. They spent most of their day finding things that can still be used from the wreckage of the plane and rummaging the area to find the part of their plane where the galley was attached. Fortunately for them, it wasn't the part that exploded, and they found a few more foods to add to their stash aside from what they've got from the trolley.

Before it turned dark, and as suggested by Laura Lee, they also decided to move the dead bodies so they could bury them the next day. After they paid respect to those who died and offered some prayer, the girls started dividing rations of food and water equally.

Agami had a strong feeling that the food she has in her bag should not be known by the others yet, not because she wants to keep it to herself but because she decided that it should be their emergency food, so she wrapped them carefully and placed them on the bottom part of her bag, putting clothes on top just in case someone opens her bag.

After that, she approached Van when she remembered something that the woman said.

"Hey, Palmer," she called the woman, who was busy going through her stuff.

"Yeah?" Van asked without looking at Agami.

"You mentioned something earlier about the girl-Rachel. You said you saw her carrying a flute case once?" she clarified just in case she heard the wrong thing earlier.

"I saw her carrying some case similar to one before, why?" Van asked.

"Do you think she brought the flute?"

"Beats me."

Agami is dying from boredom. Her walkman is down to two more pairs of batteries, but nobody knows how long they are still going to be there, so she chose not to use them continuously. Playing the flute will be a huge help to distract and entertain herself.

"I think that's her stuff right there. You can check it," said the red-haired woman, pointing at the black suitcase not far from them.

"Ain't that going to be disrespectful? Checking stuff of the dead?" asked Agami.

Van smirked at her as she replied. "I'm pretty sure the other girls will check it later themselves and go through her stuff to find something useful anyway. So knock yourself out and be the first in line."

Agami sighed. She walked toward where the suitcase was, opening it slowly. Once she unzipped the bag, a beautiful 15-inch wooden flute was the first thing that she saw. That's pretty much the thing she was looking for anyway.

"What'chu got there?" asked the woman who was standing beside Agami, which actually surprised her a little.

"Oh, ahm..." said Agami as a starter. "Palmer said we should find something we could put into use from your teammate's stuff."

Lottie kneeled next to her and rummaged through the bag as if she were looking for something, but stopped eventually. Agami stared at the woman.

"Are you looking for something?" she asked. Lottie shook her head.

"No. Just trying to find anything I could use," she said, and Agami nodded slowly, believing the woman.

Agami grabbed what looked like sweatpants and gave them to Lottie. "In case you didn't bring something long enough that you could use to sleep, there are insects out here, you know," she told Lottie.

"Thanks," replied the woman.

They called the other girls after that, and they began to check the woman's suitcase. Most of them get the clothes and keep them as an extra, while the others take whatever cream they find in the bag and apply it to their skin.