Volume 1: Orientation Into Action; Chapter 1: Y/N And Ruby Rose

Legends. Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts, of a forgotten past.

But most of you have already heard of this tale, so I'll just summarize it.

The origins of mankind came to be when they discovered and utilized Dust to protect themselves from creatures of darkness, as well as establish settlements where they could survive.

Unfortunately, someone once told me:

"But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone...darkness will return."

"So you may prepare your guardians, build your monuments to a so-called 'free world', but take heed...there will be no victory in strength."

Thankfully, Ozpin says otherwise:

"But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

———

In a city, Ruby Rose is currently walking through the streets, wearing headphones and listening to loud music.

"I forgot the city was so big! It's so much more fun than Patch Island. I can listen to music at scroll shops, visit cafés and weapon stores, and time just flies by!" The girl remembers with excitement.

"Oh, what should I do about my sister's present?"

As she is wondering, Ruby sees a store named 'From Dust Till Dawn' in front of her.

"The Dust shop is still open!" She exclaims with joy and heads towards the entrance.

Entering the shop, Ruby goes to the nearest bookshelf.

"The latest issue of the Weapons Magazine! Awesome!"

But just before she can get a hold of it, a stranger quickly takes the magazine without noticing her.

The stranger wears a silver long two-tailed coat, and while he keeps it open, it has long sleeves up to his wrists. Underneath the silver coat, he wears a black zip-up hoodie, hiding a black shirt beneath it. His legwear consists of a pair of black long trousers down to his ankles, held up by a silver belt. He wears black leather gloves for better grip and black military-style boots to traverse faster. On the back of his coat, is a bunch of black leather straps made to sheath a weapon. And a black leather holster meant to hold a gun.

As he starts to read the magazine, Ruby takes her headphones off and frowns in response. So she taps on the stranger's shoulder.

"Uh, excuse me." She says.

The stranger turns to Ruby and realises:

"Oh, my apologies. I assume you want to read this first?"

"Yes, gladly." Ruby replies.

The stranger gives the magazine to the girl.

"Thanks. The name's Ruby." She introduces herself.

"Y/N." The stranger does the same.

Ruby then notices your longsword, which has a double-edged silver blade, a dark blue handle and crossguard in its dark blue scabbard strapped to your back, as well as your dark blue revolver kept in your holster.

"Cool weapons by the way." Ruby mentions.

"Thanks. I got one from each parent." You recall.

"Same here...well kinda. I was taught by my uncle."