Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon

Beacon Academy. The Huntsman Academy from the Kingdom of Vale. One of the four main academies throughout the vast world of Remnant. Built to train Huntsmen and Huntresses in order to fight for the peace of the people against the creatures of Grimm.

And now, once you pass the entrance exam, you'll get to attend the school and start your training as a Huntsman. And the best part is, you won't be fighting alone. So get up, get going...

"And I'll meet you there." You think to yourself. "Mom, Dad, I've made it to Beacon. I'll make you proud."

A view of several ships carrying students and docking at the entrance of the school. As soon as one lands, Jaune emerges and you assist him over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he loses his lunch.

"Here, drink this." You take out a water bottle from your backpack. "I bought this before I got to the airship, thought you might need it."

Right after his regurgitation, Jaune immediately takes the bottle and chugs the water down his throat, without wasting a single drop.

"And some tissue paper..."

Jaune interrupts you once again by taking the tissues to wipe his hands and mouth. After taking a breather, he turns to you and says:

"Thank you, I really needed that."

"Glad I can help, but I suggest bringing some motion sickness pills next time." You recommend.

After recovering, Jaune stands up tall and reaches his hand.

"Jaune Arc." He introduces himself.

"Y/N." You shake his hand.

"Anyway, I need to meet up with my newfound friends. Wanna join?" You suggest.

"Sure!" Jaune then remembers. "Wait! I left my stuff back in the airship!"

As Jaune runs back in, you ask:

"Should I wait...?"

"You go on ahead, I'll catch up with you later!" Jaune promises before leaving your sight.

Ruby and Yang, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school.

"Wow..." As both sisters take in the entirety of Beacon Academy.

"The view from Vale's got nothing on this!" Yang comments.

"Oh my gosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff!" Ruby gets so excited, she becomes a 2-D, starry-eyed, floating chibi.

"And she's got a fire sword!" She tries getting closer, but Yang pulls her sister by the hood back into realistic proportions. "Ow! Ooww!"

"That's cute, didn't know she could do that." A boy whispers to himself behind the two sisters. "Is it like a one-time thing, or...?"

The boy has short light blue hair that fades to dark blue and dark blue eyes. He wears a dark blue shirt, covered by a light blue jacket with long sleeves. As well as wearing dark blue trousers and black sport shoes.

"Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!" Yang calms her sister.

"'Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!" Ruby starts to get more excited.

"Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?"

"Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better..." Ruby transforms her weapon into its scythe form.