Chapter 3: The First Step

"It is up to you to take the first step."

"Yeah, sure thing Ozpin." You talk in your sleep.

You are then awoken by overhearing a girl's voice:

"Wake up, lazy butt!"

"Ah! I'm awake! What did I miss?!" You wake up, exclaiming.

Though you weren't the only one awakened, Lie Ren gets up with a groan as Nora Valkyrie hounds him.

"It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!" The girl sings along.

---

Ren sighs again and brushes his teeth in the restroom while Nora continues to talk:

"I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm...well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?"

---

Ren and Nora are readying themselves in the ballroom. The latter is brushing her hair and still chattering while the former is tightening the strings on his sleeping bag.

"We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not 'together-together...' Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?" Nora continues.

---

As the Ren and Nora are in the middle of eating their breakfast, the girl is having a pancake hanging from her mouth as she is muffled through her food:

"Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together!"

By the table next to them, you are trying her best to slice your pancakes with a butter square on top using a knife.

"Is that a dull knife or are the pancakes really sturdy?" Aquila asks as he sits next to you.

"Hey, Aquila." You respond with.

"Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school." Nora continues strategizing.

Annoyed by the girl's antics, you increase your cutting speed as the pancakes start to catch fire.

"Dude, the butter will melt on its own, just give it a second." Aquila assures you.

---

Ren and Nora are readying themselves in the locker room, the former loading his weapons and the latter still talking:

"I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal!"

The girl then gasps:

"A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?"

As you try to ignore Nora's constant chattering in the same location, you then hear Ryden shouting with his face in his locker:

"Can someone please tell her to stop!"

"Nora?" Ren finally replies.

"Yes, Ren?" The girl responds.

"Thank you, Ren!" You whisper. "Because I don't think Ryden can handle more of this."

"I don't think sloths make a lot of noise." Ren sheathes his weapons in his sleeves.

"I take it back!" You whisper a bit more loudly.