Chapter 5: Players And Pieces/Release The Kraken

Back in the abandoned temple of the Emerald Forest, you walk across the floor and observe the relics on each pedestal.

"Oh, chess pieces. Several different individuals each with their unique ability, working together towards a common goal." You describe the items. "I fail to see the analogy here."

Arriving by your side, Aquila, Ryden and Kalmia also wonder the same thing.

"So do we just pick any of them or..." Aquila asks.

"I highly doubt it's that simple." You respond with.

You point at the chess piece Yang is holding: a golden knight. Which is also the same piece Blake is holding.

"It's no coincidence that there are four chess pieces of each kind left conveniently enough for 12." You explain. "Best be careful with what we choose."

You and the other three grab the same kind of chess pieces. After realising not everyone has arrived, you mention:

"Anyway, we found the temple. So do we just wait for everyone else or...?"

A faint-but-growing-louder scream of "Heads uuuuuuuup!" is heard when Ruby falls from the sky. Just as she's about to hit the ground panicking, Jaune comes flying through the air and crashes into Ruby, knocking her off course and sending them both into a tree to the left of where Blake and Yang are standing. Ruby is dazed by the rough landing, as evidenced by the cutesy Beowolves and stars circling her head.

"Oohhhh... What was that?" Ruby's dizziness passes when she shakes her head.

"Eh-hem!"

Ruby looks up to see Jaune hanging upside-down in a tree branch above her.

"Hey, Ruby..." He greets.

Back on the ground, looking at the tree. Blake asks Yang:

"Did your sister just fall from the sky?"

"And how did she have Beowolves and stars on her head?" Aquila asks you.

"I..."

Before both you and Yang can continue, several crashing noises are heard in the forest ahead of them, and an Ursa comes out, claws swiping, just as a pink blast of energy hits it in the back and it crashes to the ground, depositing its rider.

"YEEEE-HAAAAW!" Nora rolls off of the creature's back, then gets up and groans, saddened. "Awwww... It's broken."

She dashes onto its neck and observes the carcass as Ren comes up behind her.

"Nora!" Ren pants and leans on the monster. "Please... Don't ever do that again."

He looks up again and notices by the pink dotted outline of where his partner should be that Nora has run off again, and looks around frantically.

"Nora?" Ren then sees Aquila walking towards him and the former asks. "Where is she?"

"I'm more concerned about the pink dotted outline." Aquila comments before receiving a stare, so he points. "She's over there."

Now in the temple, Nora stares at a golden rook relic.

"Oooohh..."

Nora suddenly grabs it, an animation of stars and her hammer symbol playing in the pink background as she dances and sings with the chess piece:

"I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!"

"Nora!" Ren calls her.

She stops dancing with the rook on her head, then salutes, dropping the relic into her hand.