I.VII Heir to the Moon

Artemis steered her van down a long, winding road and into the sleepy town of Godric Hollow. Harry sat in the back, his silver eyes wide with curiosity as he peered out at the unfamiliar sights that flew by. When they finally arrived, Artemis parked on the side of the road and nodded toward a small cemetery tucked away in the woods.

"Mama, where are we?" asked the five-year-old boy, his pale skin glowing in the faint moonlight.

"We're at Gordic Hollow," replied Artemis, her voice soft and gentle. "This is where your father and my mortal shell are buried - James and Lily Potter."

"So, I get to see Daddy," asked Harry, "and you when you were Lily Potter?"

"Yes, Harry in a way," said the goddess of the hunt, "Remember Harry, James died a death worthy of Elysium. and even though me and Lily are the same person, we are still very different,"

She pulled Harry close, running her fingers through his messy black hair that was so much like James'. "Your father was a brave and wonderful man. And Lily, well, she was my human side, my mortal shell as you said. She loved you very much, just as I do."

Harry looked up, his silver eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "Is she inside you? Can she hear me?"

Artemis hesitated for a moment, her eyes searching the vast expanse of the morning sky as if looking for answers. "In a way, yes. She's a part of me, a memory that's always there. But I am here now, Harry, as Artemis. It's complicated, but always remember that both Lily and I love you."

"Okay mama," said Harry.

"Hold my hand so I can take you to James' grave, remember my mortal shell is also buried here," said Artemis reaching her hand out.

Artemis and Harry slowly made their way to the cemetery, their footsteps muffled by the soft grass underfoot. The early morning moon illuminated their path, casting long shadows on the ancient tombstones. The air was thick with memories, both sweet and bitter, and the whisper of the trees seemed to be echoing stories of long-gone days.

They stopped at a grave adorned with a simple, elegant headstone. Engraved upon it were the names 'James Potter' and 'Lily Potter'. Beneath the names, a single line read, 'Until the very end.'

Harry's small fingers traced the engraved names, and he looked up at Artemis with a question in his eyes. "Is this it?"

"Yes," whispered Artemis. "This is where they rest. Your father, and... the part of me that was once Lily."

"Is Daddy happy in Elysium?" Harry's voice was filled with hope and curiosity.

Artemis knelt beside him, her eyes gentle. "Yes, he is. He's in a place of peace and happiness, surrounded by heroes and loved ones."

"And what about Lily?" Harry asked, looking deep into Artemis's eyes.

"Remember Little Moon, I was punished by the Olympian council and turned into Lily Potter nee Fairchild, then she died, and I returned as Artemis," said Artemis. "But in a way, the essence of Lily, the love and memories we shared, remains with me. It's like a beautiful song that continues to play in my heart, even though the singer has gone."

Harry seemed to contemplate her words, trying to wrap his young mind around the complexities of godhood and mortality. After a long pause, he spoke again, "So, you both are with me, always?"

Artemis smiled warmly, brushing a tear from Harry's cheek. "Always, Little Moon. No matter what form I take or where I am, my love for you remains constant."

"Well, well, well, if it isn't a mudblood and a blood traitor visiting a mudblood and blood traitor's grave," said A sinister voice behind them.

"Your master died five years ago," said Artemis, "are you that much of a coward that you will attack a five-year-old"