Chapter 4: First Impressions

Chapter 4:

                                      First Impressions

            When practice was finally over I took a shower in the boys’ locker room. We don’t usually do that but I felt I needed to. I was stinky and sweaty and I don’t think that’s how you’re supposed to look when you’re going to meet up with a girl. Putting on my cacky pants and my white shirt I brush my hair backwards. I put on some of Eric’s “Lady attracting” cologne as he calls it, even though I have no idea why, since he’s got no ladies. I get in Eric’s car.

Lexi had texted me to meet up with her at a Starbucks by my house.

“What do you think she wants to talk about?” Eric ask

“She said it was to get to know each other” I shrug.

“Maybe you can give her some extra money and get some of the good stuff” Eric said and nudged my stomach chuckling.

“The website said the escorts weren’t paid for sex”

“Oh so it’s free!”

“No, that means you don’t pay them they don’t do it, and if you pay them, they still won’t”

Eric put on a bored face “Well that sucks, it should be about time you lose your virginity”

“Shut up Eric” I say

“Just saying” he says and parks dropping me off.

“How do I look?” I ask him

“Like the nerd that you are” he says and we laugh. I walk away toward the Starbucks where I see Lexi sitting alone drinking a coffee.

Breath deep, she’s just a chick

I tell myself and walk through the door.

“’Sup Lexi?” I say, relaxed

“You seem relaxed” she says

“Yeah” I say and see a coffee waiting on the table. “Oh, a-are you with someone? I thought I heard you say to meet today but if your busy---“I start to ramble, losing my confidence. Lexi arches an eyebrow and interrupts me.

“That coffee is yours” she zips from her coffee “I ordered it”

“Oh” I say kind of embarrassed.

I sit and take the coffee.

“So” she says, putting her elbows on the table, leaning closer to me.

“So?...” I say. She looks at me, examining me.

“I’ve got you all figured out” she says and smiled while leans back against the chair. What? How can she have me all figured out in one look. Yeah right.

“Oh yeah. Impress me” I say and lean closer.

“Well, for one, you have no confidence. You think you don’t deserve to look anyone in the eyes, mainly because nobody looks YOU in the eyes.  Your way of walking tells me that you are shy yet you have your crazy and revealing sides. Now, your eyes are conflicting. You have a secret, I know that. No one really knows. Even though you are seen as a loser and a nobody, you like to be invisible sometimes. But other times you feel like screaming and saying LOOK AT ME YOU JACKASSES, I’M HERE. How am I doing so far?” She asks and I just stare at her.

“Really good. How did you---“I start to ask but get interrupted.

“I’m a professional” Is all she says

“Now should I go on, or do I need to keep impressing you” she smiles sweetly.

“I think I’m impressed enough” I say and she laughs.

“Ok so since you already know so much about me, let me take a shot at you” I say and she smirks.

“Go ahead, try”

I think about it for a while. She looked my age, 17. Maybe she dropped out of school and works here to make a living, yet she seems like the type you can actually have a smart conversation with. She could be an ex-stripper; I mean she’s got the body, but the way she acts tells me she’s not. She also seems like the type of girl that gets bored easily.

“OK, so you are a smart girl. Maybe finished High school or maybe dropped out and were smart enough to get into college. Yet collage was a bore to you, since your eyes tell me you crave for excitement. So you found this website where you get to meet different people and interact. Now, the way you walk tells me you are overly confident and bold. You don’t care what people think and like being the center of attention at times. Is this good?” I ask and she seems shocked.

“Wow, you are almost as good as me” we laugh “Except I did go to college for about 3 months”

“Oh” I say

“And I graduated high school early”

“Damn, you’re smart”

“And one more thing… I didn’t find the website… I created it” she smiled.

“YOU created it?” I ask

“Yep” She says

“Wow…” now I felt more self-conscience. She was super smart! Graduating high school early, going to college and creating a website…

“But don’t let this intimidate you, I mean you’re the first guy that’s ever actually figured it out!”

I smile “So, um, how is this going to work?” I ask

“I have a few basic lessons and only one rule”

“What is it?”

“No falling in love. It’s just not how I work. Plus at the end it will only hurt you” she says and I smile.

“No problem. I’m already in love anyway” I say and Skye poops into my head.

“Oh yeah that popular girl. What’s her name? Sidney? Sinny? Sonny----“

“Skye” I interrupt her.

“Oh right Skye Taylors” She says

“Yeah”

“And you really want to get with her?” She asks leaning forward again.

I sigh “Hell yeah”

“Ok then you got to follow what I say, you got to listen and learn what I tell you” Lexi says

“I will” I say

“Good. I’m going to help you get what you want. The popularity and the girl. Trust me, when I’m done with you, you’ll be the “it” guy” I smile.

“Thanks”

“No problem, that’s what you hired me for isn’t it” she zips her coffee.

“Um, I just got one question” I look at her for a second “Is this a date?”

She laughs “Call it a date, a meeting, I don’t care”