Chapter 5: Lesson 1~

Chapter 5:

                                                Lesson 1~

“Um ok. When do my lessons start?” I ask

“Right now”

“Right now?”

“Yes”

“But how?

“You see that girl over there?” Lexi asks pointing to a girl sitting alone in a table.

“Yeah” I say. She was pretty, with some nice package.

“Go talk to her”

“What!? I can’t jus-just go and talk to her!” I say “What do I say?”

“I hear “Hi” is very popular” Lexi giggles but I look at her with a serious expression. She takes of my glasses and sighs

 “Look just go up to her and say hey and look confident. If you don’t she’ll just look at you weirdly. Then once in a while pass your hand through your hair and smirk or smile. Then just sit down, don’t ask, just do it. Make conversation, she will pretend not to be interested. Ask her name. Say something cheesy or corny. Stare at her for a minute or two and when she does something self-consciously like flip her bangs of move a strand of her hair, that means she knows you’re analyzing her. Tell her your name, when you do she is going to think you are interested since you didn’t leave while you looked at her. When she says nice to meet you say something like the pleasure was all mine and wink at her, then move your hand through your hair again and stand up. While you walk away, count to five and you take it from there”

I hesitate.

“If you really want this you gotta do it” Lexi said

Finally I decide to do it.

“Fine” I stand up and pass a hand through my hair. Shit, I forgot to put on gel. When I reach the girls table, she looks at me with an arched eyebrow.

Just say hey

“Hey” I say and smile. She looks at me then says

“Hi” I see as she relaxes. I pass my hand through my hair, making three strands fall forward. The girl bites her lower lip. What was this? I then sit down like Lexi told me.

“What are you doing here alone?” I ask. It sounded like a question a rapist would ask but I needed to start a conversation.

“Nothing really, just hanging around” she says showing no interest like Lexi said again.

“What’s your name?” I ask

“Camilla” she says.

“Cute, just like you” I had seen that in a movie once and thought it was cheesy, so I decided to use that. Then I just looked at her. After a minute she moved a strand of her hair behind her ear. My cue.

“I’m Gale” I say and she smiles slightly.

“Nice to meet you Gale” she looks me in the eyes and I look back. I don’t look down like I would have done.

“The pleasure is all mine cutie” she let out a little giggle, not much of a giggle but it was something, while I wink and pass my hand through my hair again. Getting up I start to walk and count to five.

1…2…3…4…5

“Wait!” says the girl. Damn! I’m impressed by Lexi’s preciseness.

“Yeah?” I turn

“Um, you want to hang out sometime?” she asks getting up from her table “I was about to leave when you showed up, but give me a call” she handed me a piece of paper. I look at it. It was her number.

“Ok” I smile

“See ya” she says and walks out. When she’s out of site I run to Lexi.

“What the fuck!?” I say and she high fives me.

“Good job! I got to say, you’re a natural” she says

“How did you----?” I start to ask but she doesn’t let me finish before she answers.

“I’m a girl, I know what girls want. Plus, no offense to her but she’s an easy one”

“Damn” I say impressed.

“Now that was your first lesson. How to talk to a girl. Let’s put an imaginary check mark on that” Lexi says making a check mark in mid air

“Check” I say.

She smiles and asks me if I need a ride home, which I gladly say yes too.  Lexi was a genius. She knew exactly what that girl would do. Even what she was going to say! I got to say I am very impressed and a little intimidated. She’s a whole pacage with smarts and intelligence. Right now Skye Taylors seems like shit compared to her…

But I got to remember her first rule. No falling in love.