Chapter 12

Steve let Adam into the room as I quickly got dressed in the bathroom. When I walked out Adam said, "are you ok?" I looked at him, "I am now," I looked at Steve and smiled, "What did you need?" Adam looked down for a moment then back to me, "I wouldn't come here unless it was urgent. Tony, well Jarvis thinks he's found Loki's scepter. He wants you and captain Rogers to report to the tower so the team can leave to retrieve it." Steve put on his shirt then said, "he has the worst timing." I smiled then packed my backpack. I put it over my shoulder and then took Steve and Adams hand and took them back to the tower. We arrived just as Clint and Natasha were getting off the elevator."

Natasha smiled at me then kept walking with Clint. I turned to see Dr. Banner staring at her then started to smile. "Dr. Banner seems to fancy Agent Romanov." Steve looked confused, "how did you?" I smiled at him then walked away as Adam said, "he looks at her the same way you look at lily. He loves her but he can't be with her because he's afraid he'll hurt her. He's afraid to even tell her because he doesn't want to ruin her life."

"You sound like you're speaking from experience," said Steve. Adam nodded my head then Steve continued, "you could say that."

"If you don't mind me asking, who did you lose?" Adam didn't answer he just walked away. Steve stood there for a moment then he and Bruce followed Adam down to get into uniform.

---
Safe house
On Quinn jet
---
Steve walked over and placed her hand on Lily's face then ran his fingers through her hair, "what are we going to do?" Clint came over and stood next to Steve, "we have a room inside where we can put her till she wakes up. You can stay with her if you like." Steve picked Lily up then followed Clint. The others filed in behind him.

---
Inside Clint's home
---

Steve followed Clint to a room and was about to set Lily on the bed when she woke up, "no. Don't leave me here." Steve said, "you were hurt. You need your rest." Clint spoke up, "caps right."

Steve set Lily on the bed as she said, "I need my machine. I need to be in there. It's the only way I'll heal." Clint said, "what are we talking about. can we get it here in the Quinn Jet?" Lily shook her head then started to ball up, "I need Adam. The avengers can't go back to the tower and I don't know where my brother is. please. Bring him in here." Steve nodded his head then turned to Clint and said, "I'll be right back. I'll get him. Keep an eye on her." Steve ran down stairs and over to Adam. In seconds they were back upstairs. Clint moved aside as Adam picked up lily, "I'll be back hopefully by the end of tomorrow. If it takes longer then ill call from the tower. I'll also look for any word on Adam." Before Steve could say anything Adam was gone.