Chapter 6: Brooklyn Diner

---12:30---

"wow. this place looks amazing," he helped me off the motor cycle and let me take his arm as we walked into the diner.

---

the waitress just left after serving the food.

he said, "what was it like over seas?"

"cold, wet, lonely. All those people and the only ones I'm friends with are the the two i stuck through boot camp with. Captain, i served aboard the remoddeled more advanced ship in the fleet. Someone, something attacked the engine and left us stranded in the water. The enemy found us and sent the Us Navy's best ship to the bottom of the Atlantic. I grabbed a life raft and ran to my friends positions. I managed to get 20 some odd sailors off that boat."

"you risked your life to save those people. You can't feel bad about that."

"Captain, there were 5,000 souls on that ship, and less than 800 made it home. I could of done," i looked down, "i should of done, better."

"lily, your a survivor. You risked your lives to save those people."

"I keep thinking, if i could of, if i would of just looked for a few more people. So many people lost loved ones that day. If it wasn't from the ship going down then it was from the lack of no food and water for 3 weeks. most of the people who made it off the ship were headed to the chow line, and most those men were the ones to die."

Captain Rogers didn't say anything after that. After the dinner I called my brother to let him no i was alright and that I'd call first thing tomorrow.

--- STARK TOWER---

the good captain had walked me to my room then smiled before saying good night and leaving.

---THE NEXT MORNING---

i woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

---PHONE CALL---

I answered, "hello?"

"Lily why didn't you call."

i looked at the clock, "it," i was surprised to see how late in the morning it was when I was so used to getting up around 6 because of someone trying to rob the local bank, "sorry, i slept in. I had a long night."

"Lily, is everything alright?"

i said," yes. Captain Rogers showed me around. We talked about how the two of us serving our country. Well I mostly talked."

"Lily, you know it's not your fault. Now, i'll let you go. Have fun, and I'll talk to you later."

"ok, Bye."

he said, "bye."

---END CALL---

I hung up the phone then went to get in the shower. A little while later I made my way out of my room and headed to the main living area of the tower to find Captain Rogers reading the morning paper and Mr. Stark on the couch fiddling away at his tablet.

"Good Morning Mr. Stark, Captain." The two nodded as I walked into the room. Mr. Stark said, "there are left overs in the fridge and fresh coffee waiting if your interested."

"thank you. I was wondering what you had planed to do today?"

he looked up from his tablet, "i have a meeting at 3pm, other than that I'm free. Why? did you want to do something today, or go out with the captain again." My face got red as I walked into the kitchen. Tony followed.

---KITCHEN---

"so, you two were out. What happened? i want all the details."

i looked at him, "so you can make fun of him? No."

he walked up to me as i opened the fridge, "i guess i'm going to have to make something up then."

i grabbed the container of food then shut the door and said, "if you really must no," i leaned in near his ear, "we went for a walk on the coast, he took me to this 24 hour dinner in brooklyn and thats not even the best part," i walked over to the table and sat next to the captain, " tony followed with his new cup of coffee, "what was the best part?!" steve looked at me and smiled. I smiled back then tony said, "oh, no you didn't?" i took a bite of the food then looked back up to stark when he said, "you did. Damn Cap, you still got it in you," he laughed. when Mr. Stark finally composed himself I said, "actually, nothing happened," tonys eyes got wide, "Captain Rogers here was a perfect gentelmen." Mr. Stark looked dumfounded.

Captain Rogers stood up, "I'm going to go shower. I'd be more than happy to tour you around the city if you dont mind waiting." I smiled then said, "yes," before he left. Mr. Stark sat down across from me when Captain Rogers was gone.

"Come on! did that really happen?"

i said, "yes. Mr. Stark, I'd really like to see your company tomorrow. I'm really interedted in your clean energy campaign and I'd like to see how you plan to do that. My brother said if i'm impressed then he'd support you 100 percent."

Mr. Stark sat back in his chair, "i knew there was a reason I liked you," he smiled, "well," he stood up, "enjoy your breakfast, and the rest of your day. I'm going down to the lab if you to love birds need me," he smiled again then left.

---
HOURS LATER
LIBIRTY ISLAND
2:30
---

"Wow, that thing is even cooler in person," i looked at the good captain, "are we able to go inside?"

he nodded, "oh, please call me steve. you dont need to be formal all the time." i nodded my head then followed him towards the enterance of the Statue of Liberty.
---
We were about to walk into lady lib itty when the ground started shaking.