Chapter 3

Hi everyone

Alexia's pov:

As we were making our way towards the parking lot, I received a call from Devin. I excused myself from the group and received the call. 

"Hey Dev, what's up? " I asked casually, leaning on a wall. 

"Hey Lexi. If you are free could you swing by the mansion today?" Devin asks me. 

"Yeah sure. All good? " I ask him.

"Yeah all good. I had a meeting with DeLuca's 2 days ago. I wanted to discuss something about that with you. " Devin informs me. 

"Sure. I'll be there in 20." I inform him before cutting the call. 

I made my way towards the others who were seated in the car waiting for me to come. I knocked on the window on Bella's side waiting for her to pull it down. 

"Guys I am coming to the mansion with you all. I need to discuss somethings with Devin. " I announced to them. 

"Great, then we can have a movie night later. " Bella says excitedly. 

"Sure. " I and Roman say with a shrug. 

Romeo and Silas cheer in excitement. I make my way towards my bike. 

We start going towards the mansion with me on my bike and rest in their car. 

We soon reach the mansion gate. I remove my helmet and Roman pulls down his window to get our faces verified. After scanning our car numbers 2 guards open the gates for our vehicles to pass by. We give them a nod making our way inside. 

As soon as we enter the living room Silas and Romeo rush to the gaming room making bets on who will reach first. Roman gives Bella a small smile, points towards his room and then walks off. 

"I am going to the technology department. I am already working on the 'Alpha X' phone launch, but my team is not cooperating. They won't listen to what I am saying and it's just frustrating. I need your help, otherwise work won't finish on time. Maybe we should change the launch date." Bella says, stressing out. 

"Bella, relax. We are not changing the launch date and this launch will be an all time success. Have some faith in yourself. I'll be back in 20 mins after having a talk with Devin and then I'll join you. Let me handle the ones who won't listen to you." I responded calmly, giving her a smile.

We both went separate ways. I start going towards Devin's office giving nods to the guards standing around. 

Bella is one of the best hackers but she always keeps doubting herself. She has been working on a new model of phone along with me and our team. She is the head of our technological department.

'Alpha Co.' was a company started by papa. After papa passed away without any heir of legal age, our legal and illegal business both suffered a heavy loss. All the investors were going to back out. I wasn't ready to let papa's company get bankrupt. After papa, Devin became the face of both our legal and illegal business until I reached 18. I remember asking Devin to conduct a meeting with the board members and asking for 2 week's time till we come up with a plan. During the meeting all investors wanted out. All but one. Only DeLuca's were willing to give us time to recover back. They even helped us convince the investors to give us some time. DeLuca's till date are still one of our biggest investors.

Our main problem was that no company was willing to collaborate with us. Budgeting was my department and instead of importing raw material, I found loss making companies and bought the majority of shareholding in those companies. Having the board majority in our favour we were able to get the raw materials. It was a huge risk, one whose failure would lead to shutting down of 'Alpha Co.', but its success would give a new kickstart to us as well as all the companies that we have invested in. After working on it for the last 7 months, finally the product launch is planned 2 weeks from now. This product launch has to be successful else or else we will have to ahut down the company.