Chapter 6

Hi everyone...

Hope you enjoy this chapter. This was one the most loved chapter in previous book and my personal favorite.

Francesco's pov: (father)

It was 6 in the evening. I was at my Mafia base with my eldest son, Alessandro. We both were talking about the meeting we had with the current incharge of the 'Alpha'. We were discussing changing our security system when we were interrupted by knocking on the door.

"Come in" I called out loud.

"Hey Fran,hey Sandro." My second in command Robert says come in.

Robert is a 55 year old guy and had been working for our Mafia since my father was in charge. His son Robin will become Alessandro's second in command once he takes over the mafia. He has been like a second father to my children.

"Fran, The New York Police Department was trying to contact you for a while but they weren't able to get to you. I got a call from your secretary to inform you about it. The officer incharge gave his number and asked for you to call back. I have already forwarded the number to Alessandro . Knowing you, you would have probably ignored my text after yesterday's fight. " He says, rolling his eyes, walking in getting comfortable next to Alessandro.

" Of course I would ignore you. You ordered pineapple on pizza. I should have killed you for doing that offensive thing in an Italian's house but I didn't want Robin to be fatherless so I allowed you to live. However you are not forgiven so don't even think about coming within 10 feet of me." I said furiously. How can he do such a monstrous act?

"Stop whining, I just wanted to try it but you just had to throw it out of the house. I should be the one getting mad at you. " He said, rolling his eyes, not getting my point. Pineapple just doesn't go with Pizza.

"Bitch get up from My chair and leave My house immediately before you need to try working with both injured arms." I said taking out my gun and putting it on top of the desk. It was a clear threat and I was willing for that bitch to try me on this. He gave me a nervous smile before getting up and walking near the door.

"Dad, stop trying to kill my soon to be second-in-commands father. And Robert please stay away from him for 2-3 days till his temper tantrum is over." Alessandro said, rolling his eyes. I frown at his calling my justified reason as a temper tantrum which he ignored, as always.

"Anyways getting to the point. Did any shipment in New York go wrong?" Alessandro asked, confused, checking his phone for the officer's number.

"No. All our shipments were secured and on time. The officer did say something confidential or some shit." He says casually waving his hand.

"Anyways I am leaving early. Robin wanted to have a family dinner so got to reach home before he burned it down. " He says walking away. That was just an excuse. The bitch was scared of me. That did help improve my mood a bit.

"What does the NYPD have to do with us?" Sandro asks with curiosity.

"I have no idea. Let's call and check." I reply with a shrug and dial the number after taking it from Sandro's phone.

"Hello this is Mr. Pablo from NYPD. Who am I speaking with? " Asks a manly voice from the other end.

"This is Francesco Deluca. I was informed that you were trying to reach me." I responded to him.

"Hello Mr. Deluca. I have called you to inform you that Miss. Lily, your ex-wife has unfortunately passed away. I called you to inform you that her children Rosalie and Alexia are currently without a guardian. We found out that they are your biological daughters after conducting a DNA test. I would like to know if you are willing to take their guardianship." Officer Pablo says from the other side.