Wolffe x OC (1)

I was a gentle girl - I didn't know much besides what I had endured all my life.

Trauma.

Yet, I didn't become angry like my father, or abusive like my mother. I just sank into myself more and more until there was nothing left to me. Until I was a fly on the wall, a tiny spec of dust, an ant on the ground. Then, I left.

When I was fourteen, I left that horrible place - found a shuttle offworld and smuggled myself onto it. I was still just a small girl in a huge universe. I caught rides everywhere until I found the best place for me to settle.

Endor.

The trees made a perfect habitat for my new life, as they seemed to surround me and hold me close in an embrace. They sheltered me from the rain with their leaves, and became my foundation. I found some trees that had naturally fallen, and I made them my home.

...

I lived there, learning how to take care of myself for four years. That was, until my gentle and routine days were interrupted with a firefight above the planet. I was terrified of the large explosions and the debris raining down. Most of all, though, I was terrified someone would find me.

The battle raged on above my planet for days. It was nearly eight rotations before it all seemed to cease - for good. After that, I went out to see if there was something I could salvage. I often took things to the market, so perhaps a little extra this time around wouldn't hurt. I set out, only a survival knife on my belt. I climbed up one of the nearest trees and hopped the branches until I got to the first pile of debris.

Upon inspecting closer, I found it was an escape pod, and there were bodies inside. I climbed down the tree carefully, and walked over, putting a hand on the pod's thrusters. They were still warm, and I knew this hadn't been there long. My suspicions were confirmed when I heard a banging from the inside, making me jump and gasp. I caught my breath as I looked up, some kind of soldier on the inside, banging to get out. He hadn't seen me, so I jumped behind some of the other nearby debris and watched. The soldier finally got out of the pod, after somehow kicking out the glass. He panted and gasped, falling to his knees in front of the pod.

His armor was white, with grey markings. Some of them even looked like wolf markings. I was intimidated, especially when he took off his helmet. He had a large scar across the right side of his face, and his right eye looked like it was cybernetic. I watched as he used the debris to pull himself to his feet, letting out grunts and groans of pain. I wanted to run, but something kept my feet in place as I watched him. I almost felt sorry. Looking into the pod, it looked like the other troopers who had been with him were dead. It was a shame.

This man panted and reached into the escape pod, trying to get at something inside before finally pulling out a med kit, easing himself to the ground and opening it. He gave himself some kind of shot, probably painkillers, then let out a deep breath, his face contorting in pain.

I didn't understand what I was feeling, but I wanted to help him, somehow. He had obviously been injured, and perhaps in that pod for hours, laying with his dead bretheren. I couldn't bring myself to move, though, until I heard a deep growl behind me of one of the bigger creatures that lived on this planet. I turned to face it, realizing I had forgotten the herb that keeps it away. It growled louder, and I let out a scream, running from behind the debris and out, tripping and falling right in front of that soldier. I scrambled back, trying desperately to get away from the large creature, and the soldier. I thought I was a goner, one way or another.

That's when the soldier pulled himself to his feet and took out a blaster, shooting at the large creature. Although it didn't penetrate the skin, it was enough to scare it away. I scrambled to my feet and turned to leave, but I felt his hand grab my wrist.