Rex x OC (3) [Re-Write]

The original oneshot is posted at https://www.wattpad.com/345681635-random-one-shots-star-wars-rex-1 - this is a re-written, modified and extended version of this oneshot from my old series. Happy readings! 

A smile pulled at my lips as I saw my closest friend waiting for me. "Hey Ahsoka! What was so important that I had to come so quick?"

Ahsoka pulled me by my arm, humming. "Come on, I want to talk to you. Let's go to the mess."

I hummed and shook my head a bit, but walked with her. "Alright, I could eat." We walked to the mess hall, entering. I scanned the room, looking for that one person. The person I would give my life to, if he asked.

"Clipso, come on," Ahsoka said, pulling me to the food line. We got our food, then sat at an empty table. "So, I wanted to talk to you about something important."

"Oh yeah, and what would that be?" I took a bite of my food, humming and glancing up to her.

"That you need to tell him."

I nearly choked on my bite of food, coughing and trying to subdue them. I got a few looks from the nearby men, but took a drink of water. They went back to their business and I looked back to Ahsoka. "Stop, no, first of all, that's forbidden for the both of us. Second-"

"We both know my master is-"

I shushed her and sighed. "Yes, but your master can pull that off. I could never do that... Even if he did feel the same, which I'm sure he doesn't." I huffed a bit in defense, but simply was protecting myself.

"Of course he does. It really does break my heart to see the both of you tiptoe around your emotions, thinking the other doesn't feel the same." She frowned and shook her head a bit. "It's obvious to me that you both like one another."

"How is it that obvious, Ahsoka? I've admitted to you my feelings, and you're just seeing what you want to see."

"He acts different around you, Clipso. He speaks to you so softly compared to the rest of us. And, he has a nickname for you."

I blushed at the mention of the nickname. Rex had made it up for me long ago, when we met. "It's the same as the nickname your master gave you. That doesn't mean anything."

"Except you blushed."

"It's just endearing, Ahsoka. It's nothing more than saying we have a better relationship than simply professionals. Just as you and your master do, or you and Master Plo."

"It's not like that at all, Clipso." Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Anyone could call me Clippy," I replied with a soft huff. "It's not exclusive."

"But only Rex does, and you know it. Look, he likes you, and that I know for sure. If you brought it up, I would be willing to bet that he would reciprocate your feelings. You need to try. Please."

I sighed, looking down at my tray and picking at what was left of my food. Thinking about Rex, I got courageous. I decided even if it broke my heart, I had to tell him how I felt. Maybe Ahsoka was right, though the doubt I felt still overcame me. "Fine..." I sighed again, looking back up to her. "It's better to know how he feels, even if it becomes awkward between us. I'm sure we can both be professional if that's the case."

Ahsoka smiled. "He'll reciprocate. He gets back from assignment with Anakin tomorrow."

I nodded. "Then I suppose I should get a good night's sleep and meditate."

"Sure." Ahsoka couldn't contain her smile, clapping her hands softly. "I am so excited for you."

I smiled sheepishly, blushing. She embarassed me with her excitement, as if this was going to be a big event. I shook my head and hummed, taking my tray to the return, then went to my quarters.