Fives x Reader (1)

Chinspired Thank you for the request. I hope you like it. :)

"(Y/N)!" A familiar voice called out to you, allowing a small smile to pull at your lips as you turned to face the man calling your name.

"Fives," you stated softly, nodding to him. "I haven't seen you in a while. How goes the war?"

Fives chuckled as he caught up to you, shaking his head. "'How goes the war?' That's a loaded question."

You smiled again, walking alongside him toward the mess hall. "Fine, let's try another question. How goes being an ARC Trooper?"

Fives shook his head. "It's fine, (Y/N). It's just advanced combat. I always wanted to be one, and now that I'm here, I'm content."

You smiled and nodded, grabbing a food tray and sitting down with Fives, smiling at the trooper. You and Fives went back pretty far. Just after he was accepted into the 501st, you and him bumped into one another in a hallway. You'd always had a thing for him, but you were better off as friends, of course. The war was too much of a strain to try and be in a relationship.

Fives caught your attention by clearing his throat. "So, you finally got promoted to Jedi Knight?"

You looked up to him with a hum. "How did you know?"

"Your padawan braid is gone," he said, pointing to your hair and smiling softly. "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you," you replied, matching his smile. Then, you felt something push your leg beneath the table. You cocked an eyebrow at him, but he only chuckled. You huffed a bit, shaking your head. "Trying to play footsie with me or something?"

"Sorry, sorry, it was an accident."

"No, it definitely wasn't, considering you have to reach your legs across the table to get to mine."

Fives rolled his eyes playfully at you. "So sensitive. Maybe you shouldn't be a Jedi Knight."

"Yeah?" You hummed, then flung some of your food at him using your spoon. It hit him in the face, right on his nose. You couldn't help but laugh, trying to contain yourself.

Fives blinked, wiping off his face with a napkin. "You know, general, I think I might've deserved that. But, I do hope you know that you've started something."

You shook your head. "Oh, no, but it was an accident, trooper. I hardly meant to hit you square in the nose."

Fives laughed, then grabbed your wrist, pulling you forward and smearing some of his food on your face. You gasped, sitting back up and using a napkin to wipe it off, looking at him with determination.

"It's on."

Your food fight slowly escalated, troopers gathering to watch, and some even joining in. That was, until it was stopped by Commander Cody and Captain Rex. They broke the two of you up, and dismissed everyone else. You and Fives both stood, food all over the both of you, sheepishly smiling as Rex and Cody reprimanded Fives. They technically couldn't reprimand you, since you were higher in rank than them, but no doubt Obi-Wan and Anakin would be hearing about this.

After they were finished, you and Fives walked down the hallway together, Fives escorting you to your quarters. You smiled at him as you got to your door. "I missed you, ARC Trooper Fives."

"I missed you too, General (Y/N)."