𝟏.𝟑

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted I'd like to make an announcement . This castle will not only be your home this year but the home to some very special guests as well." Dumbledore said as Mr. Filch ran into the great hall up the the podium and whispered something in his ear. We all snickered at his out of breathe state and the funny way he ran. Once flitch was done Dumbledore continued. "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament, for those of you who do not know The Triwizard Tournament is to gather three school for a series of magical contests and for each school a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear if chosen you stand alone, and trust me when i say these contests are not for the faint hearted but more of that later " All the students are muttering among themselves and I look over catching Harry's glace. He looks just as concerned and confused as me. Dumbledore continues as there is more. "But for please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and there headmistress Madam Maxine" Just as Dumbledore finished the great hall opens and in walks a group of girls wear baby blue dress and hat. The run gracefully down the hall before stopping butterflies appearing around them as they split off into to groups. The boys were all smirking staring at the girls asses. I smacked them all and they stopped. Everyone clapped as they finished there entrance. "And not our friends from the north please greet the proud son of Drumstrang and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff". Another school entered doing there performance at the end we see none other than Victor Krum enter the great hall. The whole great hall was in awe as Dumbledore greeting them. After that dinner carried on as normal. As we were all eating and chatting a noticed a boy staring at me from across the table but when i looked at him he quickly looked away. Something about him seemed familiar but i brushed it off. "hey Draco who's that guy over there" I asked and he looked up. "Mattheo he just joined this year. He been over at the manor a few times to see my father. I don't know why but i don't really care" Draco scoffed before going back to eating. So did I as I was really hungry.

"Can i have your attention please" Dumbledore called. "I'd like to say a few words, Eternal Glory is what awaits the student who wins The Triwizard Tournament. But to do that they must survive three tasks, Three extremely dangerous tasks and for this the ministry saw it fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of the national magical corporation Mr. Bartimaeus Crouch". Suddenly the Ceiling erupted into thunder starling everyone but a string of light from a mans wand shot into it calming it down just as quickly as it started. You looked over and saw it was Mad Eye Moody, you'd never personally met him but you know he was apart of the order and friends with your father. He limped over to Dumbledore speaking to him before sitting down at the professors table. Mr. Barty Crouch then stood up to the front and starting explaining these new rules for the tournament. "After due consideration the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of 17 are to be allowed to put forth their name for The Triwizard Tournament" At this all the students erupted into anger and disagreement but Dumbledore quickly shut it down and used his wand to reveal a large goblet with a blue burning fire erupting from it. "The Goblet of Fire, anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament merely write there name upon a piece of parchment and throw it into the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back as from this moment The Triwizard Tournament has begun".

After Dinner we all went back to our dorm. Me and Pansy changed out of our robes and got ready for bed. I laid down to go to sleep but i just kept thinking about that deatheater I saw at the cup and how out of place he looked. I couldn't sleep I got up quietly careful not to wake up Pansy and creep downstairs into the common room. As I turned to corner I saw the orange glow of the fireplace and heard the voice of someone talking but i couldn't make out what they were saying. I walked closer but bumped into a near by desk  making me curse and alert the person of my presence. They quickly stun around startled and i saw it was the new guys Mattheo. "Sorry I wasn't trying to interrupt i just couldn't sleep, Its Mattheo right? Draco says he's seen you around the manor a few times. Are your parents friends with them or something?" I asked. "Yeah you could say that...." Mattheo scoffed sitting back down by the fire. I walked over sitting next to him on the large couch. "I'm Johanna, how are you enjoying Hogwarts so far" I started kindly. "Its fine" He said blankly. "okay....well what classes do you have maybe we have a few tog-" "Can you shut up!" Mattheo said harshly cutting you off. "I was just trying to-" Mattheo cut me off again "i don't really care now go away" He ordered. "Hey i was just trying to be nice you don't have to be such an asshole" I exclaim angerly. " Oo feisty, i like it" Mattheo sneers making me roll my eyes. "yeah now are you gonna answer the bloody question" I asked annoyed. Mattheo sits up pulling out his schedule from his pocket and handing it to you. "i could actually use your help finding a few classes...the castle confusing" He says blankly and I smile. "Sure okay um you have DADA same as me, as well as Charms... your other classes are different than mine but are with Draco so i can have him show you around for those and his obligated to listen to me because we're family and if he doesn't I can call his mommy" I smile and Mattheo chuckles "okay sounds good nice to meet you Johanna but if you excuse me i'm going to head to bed" He said taking back his schedule. "Thanks and i should probably head to bed myself" I smile before walking back upstairs and climbing into bed.