Chapter 5

"What is all this?" Simone walked into the kitchen securing her diamond stud into her ear.

"Our mornings are usually all over  so I figured why not have a few of your favorites. You are there all day so I even packed you a lunch."

"What did you do?" Simone was debating on rather she wanted to know.

"Now baby, why would you assume I did something wrong?"

"You're a man." Simone replied narrowing her eyes.

Of course Jordan was more romantic of the two. This wasn't too out of the ordinary but he had a meltdown less than two days ago. The constant back and fourth on figuring out what to do was going to drive Simone up the wall. On one hand, she could let it go but this was her husband. A woman she never had a conversation with was interrupting their home.

As much advice that Liv gave, Simone couldn't just stand by idle.

"I didn't do anything. I just want you to have a good day. I will take care of babygirl."

"This is only the fourth week of school, Jordan. So again, what did you do?" Simone asked for a second time as politely as possible.

"Amara called and I might've also called Nicole to try to speak with her." He dragged out.

"So I can't speak with you about it and I can't speak to her about it but you can and somehow you think that's a bright , fun idea that will make all of this go away?" Simone pinched the bridge of her nose.

"I just want this to be over." Jordan knew he didn't think much of it.

"There is no talking to her and as your wife, I don't want you too. If you want to talk to someone then talk to me. I am right here. I am trying to be right here and you won't let me." Simone wanted to reason with him.

"My love, I just want you to focus on yourself and our second child. That's it, that's all." He said.

"That's be easy if my first child wasn't a 6'2 quarterback who fails to listen." She mumbled.

"I can listen, you can't. I don't want you worrying about this or worrying at all. I will take care of it, I will make this go away. I know you don't want to talk to Amara either but she has been begging me." Jordan mentioned a little too casually for her liking.

"I don't get it, you got mad to the point of tears and now you want me to forget any of this is happening? On top of talking to my so called mother behind my back? It doesn't just affect you Jordan. It affects everyone." Simone did her best not to yell.

"I hear you, I do. My first priority is you. Everything else can wait. I want you to worry about nothing at all, I got it. I just think talking to Amara might help." Jordan took her hands in his.

"As much as you want to protect me and my feelings, I want to do the same.  I know you want to help me with my situation and I want to help you with yours but I do not want to talk to that woman."   Simone knew she was being stubborn but she didn't care.

"Why not? You guys had a wonderful relationship. It's been years since then. Don't you want our babies to know your side of the family?" He sighed.

"No Jordan. I cut her off for reason."

"Simone, I want you to be comfortable and happy. I also want you to stop being so damn stubborn. I think Amara deserves to be heard."

"Look, I know giving up isn't an option. I know we want to show our kids that they can do anything and blah blah blah. I also know that you crossed a line. Why would you talk to her knowing how I feel?" Simone glanced up at him.