Prologue: Rubicon

(20XX, Rubicon 3)

(Rak's POV)

Rubicon, my home. It was a planet once occupied by a war between corporations, but that is now of the past. Me and my friend Mike live here.. scavenging for stuff and more. However.. that all changed..

(A statue is seen erected in the center of a town until someone destroys it.)

Suddenly, they arrive.. Union Academy. Managing to encounter our planet, once sealed off by the Fires of Iblis, they soon descended, looking for the Coral. 

(Several people are seen running from various Atlas Soldiers, N.E.R.V. Soldiers, I.S. Pilots and Devil Soldiers, who march forward, killing anyone standing in their way.)

Knowing we couldn't remain here for long.. me and Mike decided to run for it. Heading towards the contaminated city.. we decide to risk our lives.

(No One's POV)

(In the ruins of the city, Mike and Rak are running away from a group of I.S pilots)

Mike: Run! RUN!

(They keep running for their lives, but one of the I.S. Pilots manages to catch Rak.)

Rak: HRRRGHH!!!

(However.. before the I.S pilots could do anything.. a couple of missiles hit their I.S suit, causing them to release Mike. Soon, a secret door opens, with a voice telling the two to enter.)

???: Authorization complete. Please enter.

Mike: What the...

I.S. Pilot: (eyes widen) No...

(Rak takes the opportunity to elbow the I.S. Pilot's chest before rushing to the secret door along with Mike.)

(The two manage to enter before the I.S pilots could do anything more)

Mike: (sighs in relief) We made it.

Rak: Let's see where this will take us.

(Going down the Hallway, the two encounter a very big surprise.. a hangar and two Armored Cores.)