«⟨𝟬𝟳⟩»

The key to surviving in the wild lies in the ability to secure vital resources: water, food, the skill to kindle fire, and, of course, the ability to navigate the surroundings.

Before this cataclysm occurred, Jackson played the role of a father and husband, immersed in everyday routines. However, now he is compelled to identify which plants are lethal and which are beneficial for survival. He has acquired knowledge on how to obtain water based on the context of the natural environment and has perfected methods to procure food in adverse circumstances.

Despite acquiring valuable skills that he possibly wouldn't have explored in a non-apocalyptic context, unease persists in Jackson. His thoughts remain focused on his family, with the grim recognition that the reunion with them is uncertain.

The absence of his wife is keenly felt. Memories of waking up beside her, going for walks, sharing work-related conversations, and enjoying meals together become poignant. Then, there is Jade, his little daughter.

As he conjures the image of his daughter, Jackson lets out a deep sigh. He can't help but lament the mistake that led to the separation from his family. Although he has learned valuable lessons about survival, the emotional burden persists and blends with the determination to reunite his family in this new desolate world.

𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

"The rapid spread in densely populated areas of the western United States has led to a completely uncontrollable situation. According to information provided by the government, the infected become violent suddenly, manifesting alarming symptoms such as headaches, red eyes, difficulty in speech, and cannibalistic behaviors. Furthermore, the physical deterioration of the infected becomes evident as their bodies begin to decompose. Undoubtedly, we are facing a threat that defies all logic and understanding..."

The radio buzzed urgently, urging everyone to leave their homes without delay. In the streets, a chaos of traffic erupted, with numerous drivers abandoning their stranded vehicles to flee on foot. Generalized fear drove people to any necessary measure to avoid being infected by what seemed to be an imminent threat.

The deafening sound of horns and the cacophony of hurried footsteps filled the air, creating a chaotic scene that contrasted with the everyday routine that used to reign on those same streets. The population, driven by the instinct for survival, plunged into a frantic escape, each one fighting for their life amid the general confusion.

Among the anxious crowd, expressions of fear and determination could be seen on the faces of those seeking refuge and safety. Where would they go? How could they protect themselves from the unknown that threatened to lurk at every corner? The city plunged into a state of emergency, and uncertainty gripped the population as they tried to escape the impending danger.

"The cruel reality is that the infection spreads relentlessly through the blood. Any bite from an infected individual is a point of no return, a grim step towards irreversible transformation. In that moment, the doors close, sealing a fate marked by darkness and insatiable voracity. The simple act of being bitten becomes the sentence of an unwanted metamorphosis, where the struggle for survival gives way to a macabre dance with the infection. Thus, each bite becomes a door to the inescapable spiral of despair and chaos, where the only certainty is that, once bitten, there is no way back."

"What's happening, Dad?" the girl asks, but her voice hangs in the air, ignored by her father.