the spy.

Jean Carlton lay in bed, her frustration palpable in the stillness of her room. The lack of communication with Steve over the past 48 hours left her in a state of emotional turmoil, feeling as if an unofficial breakup had happened between them. The weight of loneliness and an unspoken void had summed her up, pushing her into a state of depression.

amidst her bed rotting, a sudden knock on the door disrupted the uncomfortable peace. To her surprise, Steve stands at the old door, accompanied by an unfamiliar young boy with curly hair. "Jean," Steve's voice carried a mixture of concern and familiarity as he observed her curled up in bed, the room smelt of weed. Jean, caught off guard, exclaimed, "Steve! Oh god, I did not know you were coming!" she hastily jumped up, attempting to fix her dishevelled appearance.

butterflies danced in her stomach, reminiscent of the ones she felt when she first realised Steve liked her or when she met Billy...

"I've been waiting for you," she admitted with a weak smile, prompting a grin from the young boy. In response, Steve playfully slapped the boy on the back of the head and instructed him to wait in the kitchen.

Jean swiftly transformed her appearance, pulling her hair into a half-up, half-down style and donning a pretty pink top that accentuates her features. Emerging from her room, she met the boys in the kitchen, where both Steve and his friend appeared somewhat shell-shocked.

"you. you looked really nice," Steve blurted out, his words revealing a mixture of admiration and surprise as the atmosphere shifted with the unspoken emotions lingering in the air.

would, hopper, bobbed, Mike, Joyce and Maggie made their way to the lab. Throughout the ride, Maggie clung to her father, holding him in her arms as if shielding him from the impending uncertainty.

Upon arriving at the lab, Hopper was rushed off, accompanied by Joyce, Will and Mike. Suddenly, Maggie found herself alone, the stark reality sinking in.

seizing the moment of solitude, Maggie stepped outside, needing a break from the heavy atmosphere within. She fumbled for a cigarette, a habit she had been desperately trying to quit but she was unsuccessful due to the stress of el being missing. As she lit up, the flickering flame highlighted the struggle etched on her face.

in the eerie silence outside the lab, Maggie couldn't longer suppress the surge of sadness. Sobbing quietly, she exhaled a drag of smoke, each breath carrying the weight of her fears.

The serenity seemed to magnify the guilt Maggie felt for letting her father slip away so effortlessly, mirroring the disappearance of eleven. The haunting quietness of the moment underscored her growing sense of loss, a feeling that everyone she cared about was slowly slipping through her fingers.

Dustin took Steve and Jean back to Steve's house. The drive there was more awkward than ever. At Steve's home, Jean was met by Max and Lucas, who Jean knew as Maggie May's boyfriend. The group had decided to fill Jean in on everything that had been happening with Darted, leaving her dishevelled.

The group was determined to address the issue, so they armed themselves, Steve gripping his nail bat and descending into the storied cellar where Dart was being trapped. However, when they reached the cellar, they discovered Dart had shed his skin once again and tunnelled out through a wall.

Jean gasped in shock falling back into Steve, where she stood protected for a second before looking into his eyes that was hurt but confused, making her embarrassed.

"Guys," Steve called as the group whispered in unease. The room went quiet. "We needed to go to the junkyard. The demo dogs were coming. "

Steve, Jean, and the kids barricaded themselves inside an abandoned bus, preparing for a fight with the demo dogs. A trail of gasoline was strategically poured around the bus, luring the creature.