I came. I SAW.

Amanda returned to the Meat Plant she called her home, praying to god John hadn't woken up and entered with shaky legs. Setting foot inside she found he was still in bed, eyes closed, breathing with a heavy and unstable breath. Her eyes drifted from the sleeping man, to the surveillance room across from them, where she could partially see the screens monitoring their traps. Amanda laid a soft kiss on John's forehead before floating across the room to where she herself slept, where she grabbed her metal box of medical supplies and laid them out neatly and quietly. She grabbed one of the items: a metal razor. She stared at her own reflection in the metal object, but noticed something behind her she had completely forgotten.

"Wrath of the Gods! One night only from 9-11PM!" She didn't care for the band, she hadn't even tried to give them a listen, she had kept the flyer as a souvenir to remember her first victim. She had told herself that it was because she wanted to remember her first, but ultimately she felt she only kept it to shame herself for what she'd done to that poor man. Kramer didn't know, it was only a poster to him, but to Amanda it was now the only thing she had to remember Adam by. She threw the razor down and grabbed the flyer, holding it to her chest before she began to sob.

John lifted his eyelids at the sound. From his bed he looked at Amanda's room, the curtain was closed but he heard her cries nonetheless. He heard clumsy fumbling as Amanda hurriedly threw the metal objects into her box, and then proceeded to throw herself into bed. John rose from his bed, and peeked through the curtain. Amanda was crying herself to sleep holding a band poster, intriguing John, who detoured from his original path. He headed to the surveillance room upstairs, searching through their camera feeds to see anything suspicious. He found it.

At first it was subtle, Adam was in a different resting position than usual, John thought he had finally succumbed to his wounds and died, but then he saw faint breathing, and something ripped up in his hands. It had been a while since his trap took place, but he was holding on to dear life, his will to live strong despite the situation. John felt a smile creep onto his lips, before he grabbed his phone to make a call.

"Hello Dr. Gordon. I have something you need to do for me... Don't worry, it's not anything like that. No, I need you to return to that bathroom, and check on your old friend for me."

"...Yeah... Yeah, I can do that."

He put the phone down and gave a long sigh.

A promise is a promise after all, Gordon thought to himself, though he wasn't entirely sure if he meant the promise to John, or his promise to Adam. Grabbing his coat, he left the apartment in silence, Diana watched as he left, but Alison ignored him and continued to pack.

He limped down the underground tunnels, noticing that the place had not been cleaned. He passed a steaming pipe, which caused a shiver to erupt over his entire body, but he continued on, trying to ignore the blood trail on the ground.

Finally he made it to the room, and he pulled the heavy sliding door open. It was very loud, and likely would wake any sleeping body. Looking around his eyes adjusted and he found the light switch, turning them on and drowning the room in a harsh blue light. Below him was his own rotting foot, but across from there was Adam. He was laying on the ground, eyes closed, and Gordon couldn't tell if he was moving at all.

"Adam!" He yelled in a hushed tone. He wasn't trying to be secretive, the only person who would be watching was Kramer, but he didn't want to startle the man.

Continuing closer, he noticed faint breathing and became pale. He stepped closer again, now seeing that in Adam's hand was a ripped plastic bag, it was not there before. Using his cane, he tapped Adam a few times before Adam jolted upwards and got into a defensive position, seemingly energised enough to fight back despite being essentially a corpse.