Value your loved ones.

Adam wasn't entirely sure why, but he had decided to buy a copy of Bobby Dagen's book. In a quick skim, things instantly became noticeable to him, the cover was cheap, the writing was lazy and most importantly, nothing he actually said meant anything. He would write sentences, paragraphs, chapters, but none of anything he wrote had any meaning. Adam thought to himself that if perhaps the book was well written and taught actually good life lessons, the lie about the Jigsaw trap would be forgivable but instead he read a self-help book written by somebody who couldn't afford a ghostwriter.

Yet... He was hooked. The words that meant nothing, the fictional emotional moments of Bobby's inner turmoil, all of it was fake but Adam still indulged in reading. The writing was lazy, but it reflected Adam's own inner monologue; he didn't think to himself like a genius, sly and mature mastermind like John did, or an emotional wreck who doubted herself like Amanda. No, Adam's inner monologue was lazy and casual, and that was exactly how Bobby had written himself. The self-help lessons were incredibly vague and about as useless as star signs, yet somehow Adam still managed to find solace. He read the chapters, all spelling out "SURVIVE", yet none of them really spoke to Adam too much.

Start your life anew, well he'd already done that.

Understand your problems, he understood them pretty clearly.

Redefine your priorities, also something he'd accomplished.

Verify your self-worth through commitment, he was already shoulders deep in this Jigsaw stuff, that was commitment.

Ignore your detractors, Adam found he'd basically done that his whole life.

These were things he'd already achieved, or didn't care much for, but one spoke to him and made him consider everything he'd been doing.

Value your loved ones.

SAINT EUSTACE HOSPITAL. It was less "illustrious" than the Angel of Mercy Hospital, but he preferred it. Once he was a man with ego, he was so gosh darn good at his job, he didn't need to do much to be admired. He referred to living people as simply "the patient" and disregarded most of them as simply people he needed to work on, because that was his job. Eustace was different, a new life for him. No longer was he in the spotlight, and now he could actually help people without the added boost to his ego. But, it also meant it was easier to slip into the shadows. Nobody cared who he was here, just another doctor, the only thing people might say would be "Isn't that the guy who was in a Jigsaw trap?" Or just condescending comments about losing his wife and daughter. Other than that, he was free to do whatever he wanted, there were no eyes on him...

"Dr. Lawrence Gordon?"

Gordon swiftly stopped in his tracks and turned to face the owner of the voice. It was a woman, clearly a detective, and she had an intrigued grin on her face as if she knew something he did not.

"Yeah, that's me." He gave her a grin before stepping towards her, trying to appear as innocuous as possible.

"Hi, I'm Detective Allison Kerry," she reached her hand out for a handshake, which Gordon politely complied. "I was working on the Jigsaw case, you probably don't remember me."

"I don't believe we formally met."

"Your foot," she pointed down. "May I see it?"

Gordon tensed and his eye slightly twitched, but he lifted the bottom of his pants a bit, showing the prosthetic. She tapped her pen to her mouth and seemed to contemplate something.

"So you really did cut your foot off, reportedly in a Jigsaw trap." She grabbed out a notepad and jotted something down.

"Detective, if you want more information on him, there's a Jigsaw survivor group in the local church you could ask-"