An Introduction to Doors

Welcome, welcome! If you're here and reading this book I assume you have a skill issue in Doors and want to get better, or you're just reading because you want to. Anyhow, here's a handy guide for your travels in the Hotel, the Mines when it releases, the Rooms, the Backdoor, and the Retro Hotel.

Doors is a game where you go through 100/1000/50/43 (for Hotel, Rooms, Backdoor and Retro Hotel respectively) doors while trying not to die in the process... It's in the name of the game. There's entities that try to send you to the grave early, but most can be avoided. The game can be played with a squad of up to 4 players and 12 players in private servers, but I recommend going solo so you won't get Voided and you can get scared more.

Once you join the game, you'll be at the Lobby. Enter an elevator to start a game of Doors.

THE CONTROLS

WASD/up and down arrow keys to move around.

Mouse to look around.

E to interact with objects; e.g. opening drawers or picking up items.

C to crouch.

Number keys to equip items.

Click with the respective item equipped to turn on/off flashlights or lighters, or to recharge the Shakelight, or to use Vitamins/Vials of Starlight/Bottles of Starlight.

CURRENCIES

There's two types of currencies in this game, Knobs and Gold.

Knobs are obtained by simply playing the game; 1 door opened in the Hotel equates to 1 knob, escaping the Hotel or Backdoor gets you an extra 50, escaping the Rooms gets you an extra 100, and 20 gold is converted to 1 knob when you die/escape a floor. Knobs are used to buy items in the Pre-Run Shop.

Gold is found in drawers and tables. They're used to buy items in Jeff's Shop, and also to tip him. TIP HIM OR ELSE.

LOOTING

You are able to loot for Gold and items in drawers. Looting is extremely important, as it grants you access to items such as the Flashlights, Candles and Crucifixes.

Loot spawns in:

THE HOTEL

Tables

Triple Drawers (most common looting location)

Single Drawers (only in treasure rooms)

Chests (only in treasure rooms)

Locked Chests (only in treasure rooms, requires lockpick)

The wall (only for Crucifixes)

The floor (only for keys in locked rooms)

THE ROOMS

On tables

The floor

THE BACKDOOR

Large double drawers

Small double drawers 

The floor (only for keys in locked rooms)

RETRO MODE

Double drawers

The floor (only for keys in locked rooms)

LIST OF FLOORS

Floor 1: The Hotel

Floor 2: The Mines (unreleased)

Sub-Floor: The Rooms

Sub-Floor: The Backdoor

Event Sub-Floor: The Retro Hotel

REMOVED FLOORS

Event Sub-Floor: The Backdoor (The Hunt Version)

With the very basics out of the way, we will talk about the Hotel in the next chapter.