The Backdoor

The Backdoor was added on March 15th, 2024, as part of Roblox's The Hunt: First Edition.

The Backdoor is a timed challenge; you have to escape within the time limit otherwise Haste will kill you. You can increase the time limit by finding and pulling levers. Be sure to check everywhere for them!

TO PLAY THE BACKDOOR

Do the unthinkable — go outside. Turn right, then you'll see the entrance. Do note that you need the "Detour" badge to enter the Backdoor.

ENTITIES

The Backdoor is home to 4 entities. Namely, Blitz, Lookman, Haste and Vacuum.

Blitz: Look like Rush but green, and Rush but pink when rebounding. Acts like Rush but has a chance to rebound like Ambush. Deals 100 damage, so you can tank it with both Vial and Bottle of Starlight's overheal, though this is not recommended. Rebounds less the less time you have.

Lookman: Looks like a humanoid silhouette with 2 glowing eyes. Makes a faint soind cue and emits a faint red light. Don't look at its eye, otherwise it'll take 20 HP and teleport to a different spot. Despawns when you open the next door.

Vacuum: Some doors will lead to nothing. Just don't go in them. It's literally that simple.

Haste: Once you run out of time, Haste spawns. It signifies its presence clearly by turning the screen red and making a loud distorted sound. Find a lever quickly in 15 seconds, otherwise you're dead. Haste will despawn if you manage to find and pull a lever before it kills you.

ITEMS

The Backdoor has 2 items, the Vial of Starlight and the Bottle of Starlight.

Vial of Starlight: Makes you move faster and makes you glow for 7 seconds. Heals 25 HP. Found only in drawers in the Backdoor. You are able to hold up to 5 at a time. If you heal over max health, the health will be granted as "overheal" that drains quickly.

Bottle of Starlight: Makes you faster and makes you glow for 10 seconds. Heals 50 HP. Found only in the last room of the Backdoor costing 100 coins to buy. If put into the Rift, creates a second yellow rift that disappears after you take an item out of it. You are only able to hold 1 at a time. If you heal over max health, the health will be granted as "overheal" that drains quickly.

STRATEGIES AND TIPS

Hide does NOT exist here; hide as long as you want in the closets. Be careful of Haste though.

Lookman only attacks if you look at it in the eye. Look at the ground to prevent it from attacking you. Simply treat it like Eyes.

Blitz rebounds less the less time you have. Therefore you should flick the levers AFTER Blitz passes through, to prevent it from rebounding.

A lever will always spawn in the next room if you have 30 seconds left in the timer. If you miss it however no levers will spawn for the next few rooms, so if you miss the lever, you're basically screwed.

Do NOT loot unless you're trying to get the Large Starlight or the key to the next door.

Vials/Bottles of Starlight can allow you to tank a hit from Blitz.

Upon escaping the Backdoor, you'll enter the Reception, and you will be able to continue your run in the Hotel.

Good luck, and happy hunti- oh wait the Hunt's over. Whoopsies! Happy... traveling?