The Rooms

The Rooms are a liminal set of offices that progressively get darker as you go. Buy the Shakelight, you'll need it. You can hide in lockers, but not under tables. It's relatively safe before Door A-60. Loot batteries to charge your flashlight, before the rooms get dark. They will start to become darker around Door A-30, and will be completely pitch black by Door A-130.

To enter the Rooms, first head to Door 61. Find the lever then flick it. Return to door 60. Lockpick the 2 locks and use a Skeleton Key on the Skeleton Lock. You must use the skeleton key last, otherwise you'd have to restart, as Lockpicks don't work on Skeleton Locks.

ITEMS

The Rooms has 4 items you can loot, 2 of which are exclusive to here.

Gold and Batteries are common, and work as they do in the Hotel. Though there's no shop, so only loot gold if you're going for knobs.

THE SHAKELIGHT

The Shakelight is only found on Door A-000, the lobby. It is bought at a metal machine on the top left of the room. It costs 10 Coins.

The Shakelight has around 12 seconds of battery and cannot benturned off unless unequipped. Which you'd say is useless. But here's the thing, you can spam click to recharge it, so it technically has infinite battery. It's dimmer than the normal flashlight, and green in color. A-90 detects you shaking the Shakelight, so I recommend only using this in emergencies when your normal flashlight is out of battery. It doesn't lower the chances of Screech spawning, however. Figure can't hear you shaking the Shakelight, oddly enough.

THE SCANNER/NVCS-3000

A shitpost by the devs at Door A-1000. A very valuable item due to its rarity. It acts as a night vision camera and also a key/lever/library book/breaker switch detector. They will appear as a star while you're holding the scanner. It has infinite battery, but doesn't lower the chances of Screech spawning.

And now with the items out of the way, lets talk about the rooms themselves. There's not a great variety though.

ROOM TYPES

THE LOBBY/DOR A-000

This is the place you spawn in when you enter the Rooms. The only room with red carpets. The shakelight can be bought here.

L-SHAPED ROOMS

An L-shaped room with a table. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

METAL BRIDGE/CATWALK ROOMS

A room with 4 lockers and a metal bridge. 2 lockers are upstairs, 2 lockers are downstairs. Also contains the only safe spot in the rooms, which is downstairs. Entities can spawn here.

LOCKER ROOMS

There's a lot of lockers here. Like, a lot. Most of them are broken though and you can't hide in broken lockers. Entities can spawn here.

PILLAR ROOMS

A room with some pillars. There's 2 lockers. Entities can spawn here.

SHELF ROOMS

A room with some shelves and 3 tables. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

CUBICLE ROOMS

A room with 1 cubicle with a random name on the tag. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

HALLWAYS

They can either have a table or no table. A boring old normal room. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

KITCHEN ROOMS

A room with a marble floor. Looks like a kitchen. You can hide in the fridge. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

TRIPLE-LOCKER ROOMS

A room with the next door on the left, and 3 lockers on the right, or vice versa. Entities can spawn here.

QUADRUPLE-LOCKER ROOMS

A room with 4 lockers, 2 lockers on the front and back. Oddly enough, entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

EXIT ROOMS/A-200+ EXITS

Can only spawn after Door A-200. A room with a water cooler, and a broken wall on the right revealing an exit. Plays faint music. Curious Light is seen on the door. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn.

THE VOID/DOR A-1000

Always appears at Door A-1000. The end of the Rooms. The bridge from the lobby, surrounded by whatappears to be a void with glowing doors. Also plays faint music. The final exit door is at the end of the bridge. The Scanner is found here. Entities can't spawn here, unless the previous room can spawn entities, in that case A-120 can spawn. Grants an achievement when entered for the first time.

ENTITIES

And now with the Rooms' rooms out of the way, we can now talk about the entities. Also, Hide doesn't exist here, hide as long as you want.

A-60/THE MULTIMONSTER

Makes a static sound. No visual cue. Once you hear it, hide. It will come rushing through the room in 6-8 seconds. Basically, Rush without flickers. Does not have a delayed spawn. If you starting hearing A-60's cue when you're in the middle of the room, it's a fakeout.

A-90/NO OFFICIAL NAME

Oh, this bastard. Appears as a pixelated distorted white face for 0.5 seconds, then changes into a stop sign. If you stop moving before the stop sign appears, you're safe. If not, you get jumpscared and take 90 damage. Can attack during the 2 other entities' attacks.

A-120/THE HAPPY SCRIBBLE

Makes a pixelated drumming sound. No visual cue. Once you hear it, hide. It comes from the front. It will come rushing through the room in 12-15 seconds. Has a chance of rebounding up to 2 times. Make sure it's gone before continuing. Has no fakeout sound. All A-120 cues are real.

TIPS AND TRICKS

Set your volume to be as high as possible without damaging your ears. You can only rely on sound cues for detecting A-60 and A-120.

Only use the Shakelight in emergencies when your Flashlight is out of juice, or if you don't even have a flashlight on you, as its shaking is quite loud, and is detected by A-90.

Memorize the room layouts and locker locations. There isn't a great variety, you'll be able to memorize them by room 500.

The Rooms is like an endurance test. It's very long, but fairly easy. Do not let your guard down, and good luck.

Good luck on making it to A-1000.