IX - Taking Shots

It was a typical Monday. Suzy just got home from the hospital after her shift. As soon as she was near the driveway, she was met with Joohyuk standing outside, wearing smart casual clothes with his hair down, matching it with a black-framed specs.

"Why are you out here? Did something happen?" Suzy asked worriedly while approaching him.

"Let's have dinner outside." Joohyuk told her, his eyes smiling while he said the words.

"Ne? Gapjagi? Wait, I'll get Sujin ready." She dismissed him and turned her back, walking to the door.

"We visited my parents earlier, I left him with them for the mean time. I said we will be back to pick him up after our date." He informed her.

"Date?" Suzy repeated, looking at him as if he was saying nonsense.

"Ne," he replied, flashing a wide grin.

She just rolled her eyes and shook her head, opening the door. Joohyuk followed her from behind, still smiling like a high school boy who's courting his crush.

"Why are you dressed like that?" she asked while putting down her bag and coat for a moment.

"Wae? It doesn't look good on me?" Joohyuk retorted.

"I did not say that."

"So, can I take you out on a date?"

"You really are serious." She mumbled.

"I am very much serious."

"You did not tell me you went to your parents with Sujin."

"I sent a message though, and I tried to facetime with you."

"Oh..." she replied briefly, all her accusations held back when her phone lit up while charging it, bearing unread notifications.

"I guess you were busy the whole day."

"Ne. Mian. And I forgot that my phone ran out of battery."

"Gwenchana. I know how tiring your job is. So how about a dinner out?"

"You're persistent, huh?"

Joohyuk did not speak a word but casually fixed his hair that was let down, apart from his usual look, trying to make Suzy notice the difference.

"You ran out of pomade?" she asked, failing to come up with a better response.

"Not really. Just trying a different style."

"And the glasses?"

"Just felt like wearing them. I'll take them off if they don't look good."

"They look fine. And I didn't say anything about the clothes."

"So I look good?"

"Ya, what are you trying to hear from me?" Suzy asked bluntly, not mad but chuckling.

"Maybe say that I look good so I would stop being annoying?" Joohyuk told her as his eyes formed small crescents, his dimples showing.

"Ne, you look good. Happy?"

"Very." He grinned as she finally gave in.

"How about the dinner? You haven't said yes yet." He asked again while leaning forward, tilting his head slightly to the side. His gaze not leaving hers.

Suzy's eyes narrowed at him, trying to stop herself from bursting into soft laughter. "Ya, what are you doing?" she asked.

"What?" Joohyuk innocently replied.