Chapter 13

**Time Skip**

It had been a few days since I had seen the boys. I had kind of been hiding from them. Sneaking out early for work and late coming home on purpose. I stayed inside unless I was on my balcony reading, luckily they couldn't see me when I was out there. They have tried calling me, texting me, knocking on my door. I ignored them all. I needed to think about everything. Could they handle the responsibility of having to run the supernatural world at my side?

A knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts. Checking the app on my phone I see it's a young man I don't recognize. I walk to the door and open it to reveal the same boy I saw on my camera app. "Can I help you?" I ask kindly, thinking maybe he's lost or a delivery boy or something.

"Um, yeah, my name is Nate, and I think I'm your guardian." he stumbles out. I stand there shocked into silence.

"How did you find me?" I mumble out when I finally regain control of my brain.

"Seth and Colby said you lived here and they thought you were my charge." he explained.

"Come on in Nate." I saw ushering him off my porch and out onto my balcony. Sighing heavily I turn to him. "Do you have any birthmarks?" He looks at me puzzled for a moment before nodding and pulling up his shirt to reveal the mark I knew would be there. A single spiral birthmark to indicate that he was the guardian to a royal. "What have Seth and Colby told you about me?" I ask shakily.

"They told me that they were your soulmates and that you had been avoiding them. That I needed to be with you if they couldn't be right now. Are you alright Fiona? Because the guys seems really worried about you being alone." he rambles out. With another heavy sigh I take a seat on my big comfy beanbag chair and motion for him to sit on the other one. He smiles and complies.

"Nate, I am the princess of the supernatural world. By finding me you have given me the final piece to ascending the throne as queen. Seth and Colby will be the kings and you, Josh, and Sam will be the heads of the royal guard. They want you with me because they know all of this but respected me enough to allow me to tell you in my own time. However, my parents are not yet aware that I know about you. So, until we are ready to take the throne, you my dear Nate are going to have to protect me without blabbing the secret.  Can you handle that?" I question due to the shock on his face.

"I mean that's a lot to take in, how can we be sure that I am your guardian though?" he asks.

"The birthmark you have is reserved for those assigned to the royal bloodline. I am the only one without my guardian as of now." I explain.

"So, what does this mean?" he asks.

"It means I have to start teaching Seth, Colby, you, Sam, and Josh about the life of the royal family and their guards." I grumble.

"How do we go about that?" he asks curiously.

"It means I have to stop avoiding the boys and doing my job as a royal." I grouse. He chuckles lightly.  "Can we maybe just stay here and get to know each other some more before I have to start royalty lessons? I haven't had to be a royal in several lifetimes." I plead with him.

"Sure, Fiona." he smiles and all I can say is at least I felt safe with him.