chapter thirteen

Aster.

With Ben not telling me where we were going after the Outer Reaches, I began to hatch a plan. I knew that staying with him in this way, was not going to work in the long run. I couldn't sit around all day waiting for him to make deals that went against my every ideal. It wasn't right for me to stay.

So as we entered the Stardestroyer gravity field, I decided I had to contact the ressistance. Whatever they may ask of me, I will do as long as it doesn't put Ben in danger. Fighting for democracy was one thing, but putting Ben in harms way was something different all together. Hopefully this way I could be informed if any attack were to happen, and could make sure Ben was safe.

 We sit in the cockpit, Ben speaking to the landing manager. Once the call is done, he turns to me.

"I have a meeting with the admirals. Stay on the ship." Ben's eyes reveal nothing as he stands up in front of me. His hand reaches for my cheek. 

"Nothing will happen this time." His eyes meet mine in an intense stare. "Please don't run away." He whispers. I take a deep breath. 

"I won't." I cover his hand on my cheek with my own and smile lightly up at him. Ben nods, and pulls his hand away. My cheek feels cold. "I will be back as soon as possible. We can try and come up with a plan then." I give another nod and Ben reaches for his mask, glancing at me once more before putting it on and leaves the ship.

The moment he is gone I let out a sigh. He was not going to be happy when he finds out what I have planned. But too bad. I move into the pilots chair and begin to fiddle with the radio. I use the better part of half an hour trying to figure out how it works and only then do I start to chanel into frequencies. Finding the ressistance is even harder, but eventually I manage.

"This is Aster Talian speaking. Can anyone hear me?" I say into the empty room. I am met with silence. I go to speak again, when a faint noise is heard.

"Aster Talian, this is Vice Admiral Holdo. Hearing you loud and clear." a voice says back through the speakers. I can't help but smile. I did it!

"What are your coordinates?"

"I'm currently in the Outer Reaches on a First Order Stardestroyer. Reporting for duty."

"Gather as much intel on the Supreme Leader and his Generals. Stay in contact."

"Recieved." The frequency dies down and the room goes silent. My heart beats hard in my chest and I take a long breath to try and calm down. I hope I won't regret this.  

___

I've been staring at the radio, almost regretting getting involved, realizing it could put us both in danger. I feel so torn, but I know what Ben is doing is wrong. But why does it have to be him. Why does he have to be Supreme leader. Couldn't it be someone horrible. Someone I didn't love.

The sound of the ships door opening startles me from my seat. Was Ben back already? I stand up cautiously, unsure what to do. Why would anyone but Ben have any reason to enter his ship. No one knew I was here. 

To reasure the bad feeling in my stomach, I grab the nearest object that could be considered a weapon. It's a piece of piping, but it's hard enough. Making my way quietly through the ship I stop abruptly behind a corner when I hear a voice speak up.

"Find her and bring her to me." My stomach sinks at the sound of the familiar voice. Hux. I clench my weapon tighter, holding my breath as I move backwards, away from Hux and the stormtroopers he's no doubt brought with him. Succsesfully entering the training room, I hide behind the door. Taking deep breaths in an attempt to controll my eraticly beating heart and the fear crawling it's way up my chest. Where is Ben? How did they know I was here?