chapter seven

Ben POV

I was in my quarters trying to figure out what to do with Aster, and how her knowing the scavenger directly linked her to the rebellion. How was I supposed to make sure she stayed uninvolved? Being part of the Rebellion in any way shape or form was dangerous. She could be captured, hurt or killed by any First Order troops, and I would not always be there to help her. To make sure no one layed a single finger on her.

I sighed to myself. I would have to keep her here, with me, for now. I couldn't risk her life out there, not when I had just gotten her back.

I came to the conclusion that while she might hate me for making her stay, it was better than her getting hurt out there, when there was a knock on my door. I sighed and walked over, opening it to see a stormtrooper positioned outside.

"What is it?" I asked, annoyed at being interupted.

"General Hux has requested your presence down in the holding cells. He says it's urgent."

Just hearing his name made anger flow through me. He was such a frustrating man to have to deal with, and while he was my highest ranked general, I couldn't stand him. The only thing he could do without messing up, was war. 

I followed the stormtrooper down to the hull of the ship and approached Hux, who was waiting for my arrival. He looked furious, his face was red, almost the same shade of his hair and his shoulders were tense. I nodded in greeting and Hux stiffly nodded his head back.

"What seems to be the problem, General Hux?" I drawled.

"An escaped prisoner claims you have set her free and refuses to tell me why. I believe she should be interrogated and kept here." My mind immediately goes to Aster, but she is in the hospital, so she couldn't possibly been mistaken for a prisoner there.

"Bring me to her." I demand. 

Hux takes me to one of the cells and my heart stops when I see who is sitting in the far corner with a flimsy hospital outfit on and her knees tucked into her chest, tears streaming down her face and a few bruises visible on her legs. The thought of Hux seeing her in such clothes infuriates me. Before I go to help her a horrible though hits me. Young prisoners are sometimes taken advantage of when in holding cells. The General is one of the ones participating in such horrible acts. I turn to him and try to keep my cool. I have to make sure before I help Aster.

"What happened to her?" I demand.

Hux looks taken aback by the question. He looks at me confused before looking at the girl again.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Aster lift her head at my voice. She must have recognized my voice although it is distorted by the mask I wear. She still looks fearful which drives me to get this over with quicker so I can get her out of here.

"HUX!"

"I told you, she wasn't compliant. She wouldn't tell me why you set her free. But of course you didn't possibly set her free, so it doesn't really ma-" I cut him of my reaching out with the force. I imagine Hux choking before me. I stop before too long and he falls to the ground. I have to get Aster out of here. I'll ask her instead. I don't know what I might do if I find out Hux or the prison guards tried to do what I hope they didn't.

I turn away from Hux's coughing form and over to Aster.

"Aster, are you okay?" She nodds silently and wipes her tears away franticly.

I gently lift up her small figure and leave the cell as quickly as I can, all thoughts of our previous argument forgotten for now. The whole way back to my quarters she doesn't say a word and I feel my worry and fear start to grow.