beauty

"Fuckin' hell, Kin" Ax huffed at the tiefling, "It is freezing out here."

Kin looked at him, it was shivering... Fae sighed, taking off the Captain's coat from faer shoulders and gently draping it around Ax's, "Better?"

They were silent for a moment before recovering, "It doesn't just suddenly get warmer..." He grumbled, pulling the front close with his hands.

The pair continued walking along the shore, having just enough distance from the tide rolling in.

As much as it annoyed Ax to admit, Kin was right.

The sea was beautiful.

They held the coat closer, it smelled nice.

"What is it you like about the sea, moonshine?" He used the nickname, if only to fluster Kin as much as they were currently.

As excepted, fae blushed lightly and began stammering, "Do I need a specific reason?"

"No. But I feel like you do."

Kin watched the Changeling closely, "Maybe I do."

So they continued to walk, Kin guiding them to a cave entrance.

"You're not gonna kill me or nothing?" Ax asked reflectively, if Kin really wanted to, fae would've done it by now.

The tiefling just sighed, "No. Never."

Never...

It was incredibly unfair for Kin to be so soft and cute yet so fucking unaware as to what fae were doing to Ax.

"The sea remembers you."

Ax stared at faem quizzically, watching as fae sat on a large rock and pat the space next to faem.

"It holds you in it's vast embrace," Kin continued, watching the rock pool that was nearby, "It's untamed, reclaiming what we give it."

Ax didn't really understand it, if he was be honest. But to see the usually reserved Kin emote so freely and be so open was enough for him.

Ax could love the sea if it meant he could see Kin like this all the time.

They would learn, for Kin.

"The ocean brings people together, even when it keeps people miles apart, we're together." Kin hums, smiling softly.

The Changeling nods along, listening intently as Kin spoke. Eventually, fae stopped, settling into a comfortable silence, nothing but the waves crashing could be heard.

Ax leaned on Kin, "I think I get it, moonshine."