distance

Kin stormed off into the forest, ignoring Koa and Ax's attempts to stop faem, walking until fae couldn't hear them anymore.

It's stupid.

Koa is throwing away everything for the one fucking person who is ruining everything.

K.

Fucking K.

Kin punched a tree, growling in anger and continuing to walk.

K had been nothing but suspicious and creepy since he had shown up - he literally snuck up on them in the middle of the night!

Fae had really tried to get over K and his weirdness, but everytime something else happens and K is the only suspect. He clearly has something to do with Ax and his yelling matches in the middle of the night. There is something so wrong with him.

Kin entered a clearing, fae sighed and sat down on a rock near the middle of the clear space.

Kin misses when Koa was more present.

Ever since fae got sick he has been closed off. He's hiding something from faem! They've never done that before, at least fae didn't think they'd hid anything from eachother.

Koa knew everything about Kin...

Maybe he didn't want faem to survive faer illness, after all, fae did nearly die. The only reason fae didn't is because Uncle Kel got faem the help fae needed in time.

Maybe Koa had begun to resent faem.

Kin knew these thoughts were ridiculous, but it could be true! Koa has changed so much, he might as well hate faem.

Something happened to him.

And now he's not safe.

Can fae trust anyone anymore?

If Kin can't trust faer other half, who can fae trust?

Kin curled up, arms pulling faer legs as close to faem as possible. Tears slipped out faer eyes.

Can fae even trust Ax?

He's very secretive, maybe he also hates Kin.

Kin will never trust K. Not going to happen. Not after the shadows.

Mikoo?

Kin can trust him, he's just a kid after all. Mikoo has done nothing but be kind.

Fae looked at the sky, studying the stars.

Usually the stars comforted faem, but not now. They just served as a reminder of the things fae can't trust.

Kin sighed again, standing up. Fae should go back, it's not fair to worry them. Even if fae can't trust them, they should be able to trust Kin.

The tiefling slowly walked back to the campsite, staying just on the edge of the forest so that faer party couldn't really see faem.

Ax was anxiously pacing up and down whilst Koa, K and Mikoo were sleeping.

Kin watched him, kind of hurt that Koa didn't care to wait for faem to come back. Looking at Koa's sleeping form, fae noticed how close he was to K.

So K is replacing faem.

Kin walked back to the group dejectedly, Ax didn't say anything to faem, but when fae sat down, he sat next to faem.

Neither spoke words to eachother.

But it was nice enough.

At least Ax cared enough to be worried.