Announcement

\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\

-"there was no where, no where, no where, no where, left to go. but down"
- we were liars (chapter 81)

\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\

She clicked the TV on and just like that, her world came crashing down.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is the 75th year of The Hunger Games. And it was written in the charter of The Games that every 25 years, there would be a Quarter Quell. To keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against The Capitol. Each Quarter Quell is distinguished by Games of a special significance. And now in this the... 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the 3rd Quarter Quell as a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of The Capitol. On this, the 3rd Quarter Quell Games, the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of Victors in each district. Victors shall present themselves in reaping day regardless of age...state of health... or situation..."

The voice she had tried to forget, that rang in her head at night depriving her of sleep. What did this mean for her? For him? For them? She'd already won her games. Gone through events that still haunt her dreams and cloud her head. Her ears started ringing and a sob escaped her mouth.

Cordelia tried to grab onto anything to stabilize her shaking body. She was met with a bare wall that was cold to the touch. Sliding down, she finally broke and her scream echoed through her home. Her "victory house."

Cordelia Roxen was the winner of the 66th Hunger Games. Being just 14 when she was forced to kill people, even the boy from her own home. Growing up in District 4, she was always surrounded by water. This was her saving grace. Hiding in water and surrounding areas in the arena allowed her to win. Crowning her as the deadliest winner of The Hunger Games.

She crawled to the nearest table and tried to claw her way up. Grabbing onto the edge, she hoisted herself up on wobbly legs. Her head was heavy and a headache was soon going to join her list of problems.

Cordelia couldn't think straight. Her mind being swarmed with horrific memories and thoughts on how she was supposed to survive this again. Then her mind changed topics, and all focus was on him.

Finnick. He was there for her when she returned. Growing up closely with the boy, who was 1 year her senior. He aided her in trying to adjust back to normal life. Having been in her position just months prior. Finnick was there when nightmares yanked her sleep away from her, making her body tense with anxiety. It clawed at his heart. To see the girl he cared so deeply about, the light in her eyes dimming more and more. There was nothing he could do, how could he erase all her memories?

He crashed through the doors. His eyes frantically searching for her. He had took off running as soon as the words left Snow's mouth. The person Snow held over his head, to keep him as the Capitol Elites plaything.

"Cordelia? Del, where are you?"

His reply was a sob, that sounded like it had bounced off every wall of the home. Running around the corner to the living room, he found her. His girl. Holding onto the table in front of her. Her shoulders shaking with such severity anyone would've thought she'd just run a marathon.

She could hear his voice, faintly in the background. Though she couldn't move almost as if the ground below her was trapping her to this spot. How desperately she wanted to be encased by his arms. To see his eyes and allow him to tell her the lies she so needed to hear. To tell her that everything would be okay. She knew it wouldn't. To tell her that nothing would happen to her. It would. To say that he would be there for her. He would, until he wouldn't. He would protect her with his life, until they would be the final 2. Thats when the protection served no purpose, and she would be forced to allow him to live. The world needed people like him, not her.

"Cordelia, please come here. I promise you..."

There was those promises she'd heard before.

"It's all going to be okay." He was slowly making his way towards her, as to not frighten the girl anymore. When he was finally able to reach out, he pulled her /into his chest. Resting his chin on her head. Telling her again and again that he would protect her.

She couldn't say anything else that night. The pressure of the next day looming over them both and her throat raw from the crying she'd just done. He understood. Holding her when she laid down in her bed. They'd done this before, though the circumstances were much lighter.

Her breathing mellowed out. He could tell she was finally asleep. It was there that Finnick promised her sleeping frame, hoping maybe she could hear him in her dreams, that he wouldn't ever let something happen to her. Someone would have to fight a man willing to give his last breath protecting her.