Mission

\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\

"There is no change without sacrifice"
- Gloria Allred

\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\

"Why are we getting debriefed about all the other tributes again?" Finnick questioned.

"This isn't about the other tributes, well yes, but just 2 specific ones" Galilean answered.

Galilean was their mentor. He was wickedly sarcastic but was talented in what he did. Cordelia would trust him with her life if it came down to it.

"Who?" Cordelia asked.

Before Galilean could answer, another voice chimed in.

"Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark," Plutarch chimed in, waltzing around the corner. "They are our new priority."

"What, are they our priority to kill or something?" Finnick asked, his heading tilting slightly.

"Quite the opposite Mr. Odair. Your job will be to keep them alive, should anything become life threatening."

"This whole thing is life threatening." Cordelia scoffed.

Plutarch turned to her. Something in his eyes twinkled, though Cordelia wasn't able to pick up on what it meant.

"And you Ms. Roxen. You must also be kept alive. We have a special plan for you."

"I'm confused," Finnick cut him off. "Why do they need to be kept alive? Wouldn't you be one of the biggest ones against that?"

"This is all part of the bigger picture, Odair. My job title and what I actually do, are very different things. I come here and act like a game maker. Once I leave, I take on my biggest roll. Helping President Coin to change Panem forever. No more games, or districts with less."

"You're a rebel?" Cordelia questioned, with a shocked look on her face.

"That I am, Ms. Roxen."

Suddenly, Lottie turned the corner. "I must get you ready for this..." She stopped short noticing the small circle of people.

"I guess that's my cue to leave." Plutarch said, starting to turn.

Finnick and Cordelia gave eachother a look. One that questioned the other, their game plan. Both agreed. Keep Katniss and Peeta alive.

"Oh, you've got yourself a deal, Mr.Plutarch." Cordelia said smoothly.

He nodded and left, walking around the corner. Returning to his duties. Lottie began talking again. Something about what they were to wear for the tribute parade. Just then, a thought appeared and Cordelia excused herself. Running after Plutarch.

"Excuse me?" she said, tapping on his shoulder.

"Yes, Ms. Roxen? What can I do for you?"

"I need something. Finnick. I will die trying to protect Katniss and Peeta. You have my word, but he must stay alive too. Nothing will happen to him. You have to promise me." Cordelia said, not breaking eye contact.

"I think that's reasonable, you have my word." Plutarch replied.

"If anything should happen to him, our deal is off, They will be on their own in the arena." Cordelia added.

Plutarch just nodded his head with a smile. He continued his journey to the elevator.

Cordelia returned to the main area. Finnick gave her a look, questioning what she had done. She pretended not to notice, focusing on what Lottie was saying. This deal would stay a secret for now.

"Now, we don't have much time, let's make you more beautiful than you two already are." Lottie exclaimed.