Debrief

\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\

" You didn't go through all that for nothing"
- unknown

\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\\\[[[\\\\

Katniss and Peeta's POV

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and Sister duo, capitol favorites. Lots of sponsors, they will be lethal..."

Haymitch was giving Katniss and Peeta the rundown of all previous victors. So far everyone seemed to know what they were doing. Except maybe, the morphlings.

"Finnick Odair right?" Katniss had questioned.

"Yes, he won his games at 14 youngest ever, extremely humble." Haymitch replied sarcastically.

"You're kidding." Katniss replied unimpressed.

"Yes I'm kidding, he's a peacock." Haymitch replied, flipping his hair back.

"But he's the capitol darling. People love him here. Charming, smart and very skilled at combat, especially in water." he continued.

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta finally spoke up.

"One. Cordelia Roxen. She volunteered in place of Annie Cresta. They're very close."

Flashback

"Cordelia, promise me. Promise me you won't make any rash decisions and volunteer." Finnick had been pleading to her for 20 minutes now.

"You know I can't. Mags won't survive Finnick. She's too old and Annie. Poor Annie, I don't think she'd make it off the train. Finnick, I have to do this" Cordelia replied.

"Del, please. Don't do this too me. I can take care of Mags or Annie. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you." His eyes were searching hers, for any hint of her promising him.

"Finn. I can't promise that."

"Del. I have never been this serious about something. You have to promise me." He felt his eyes start to water at the thought.

"Oh Finnick." she said, pulling him close to her. "I promise, I won't volunteer."

He let out a sigh of relief. Though he didn't know she was silently praying to just get chosen. So she didn't break her promise. 

Time Skip

"It is now time for the reaping for our 75th Hunger Games." Lottie smiled as she looked amongst the crowd.

Cordelia had loved Lottie during her games. The woman was bubbly and charming. Though she could tell she'd get mean if she was challenged.

"Let us start with our female tribute." Lottie said, reaching her hand into the glass bowl.

Cordelia could feel her heart rate spiking due to the anticipation.

"Our District 4 female tribute is... Annie Cresta"

Cordelia felt her ears ringing, she could feel the nagging part of her trying to persuade her. Annie's sobs rang through her head.

"I volunteer." she heard herself saying, though she felt as though her body was moving faster than her mind. Almost as if volunteering was second nature.

She could feel his glare on the side of her head. As if it was burning right through her. Though she couldn't bring herself to look in his direction. Knowing that seeing his face would make this hurt more than it already did.

"It seems that we have a... volunteer." Lottie had a crestfallen look on her face. "Our District 4 female tribute is, Cordelia Roxen." her voiced wavered slightly, and Cordelia wondered if only she had noticed.

Reaching back into the bowl, she heard Lottie continue.

"And now for our male tribute." Her hand swirled around in the container. "Our District 4 male tribute is, Finnick Odair."

Her heart had stopped. Only now could she look over at him. He walked proudly, waving a hand in the air. She could tell that he was devastated though. Cordelia always knew.

"Now, here are your Distict 4 tributes for our 75th games. Cordelia Roxen and Finnick Odair."

End of Flashback

"She doesn't look like she could do much." Katniss said.

"Oh Katniss, my dear. That is where you are wrong. See while Finnick is known as the youngest winner, Cordelia is known as the most deadly. 10 confirmed kills in her own games." Haymitch replied.

"How did she manage that?" Peeta said, with a surprised look on his face.

"Cordelia is smart and incredibly cunning. She played the shy and timid girl. Got a score of 5 and acted as though she was scared, up until that timer went off. Then, it was like an animal was released. Killed 3 people in the first 3 minutes. The rest were killed in other gruesome ways." Haymitch continued, "Do not underestimate her. I would suggest an alliance instead."

"Does she have any weaknesses?" Katniss said, ignoring the suggestion.

"Him. Finnick. She would do anything for him and vice versa. They are a deadly duo, who would stop at nothing to protect the other." Haymitch said, cautiously.

"I promise, you want them as allies."