01

When Mingi knows he loves someone, he isn't afraid to show it. Love for his friends. Love for his mother. Love for his anatomy and physiology teacher. Love for the stray cats that welcome him home. Love for that one person that he positively knew was 'his person.'

Ever since the end of middle school, the boy knew that Jeong Yunho was his person. They hung out almost every single day, even when they were from entirely different middle schools. The older knew Mingi's eating habits, like how he ate slower compared to other people. Yunho would go to Mingi's school just to eat lunch with him so he wouldn't be alone and that touched Mingi to all the extremes. How could he not become infatuated?

As time passed, they entered high school, Yunho was a tad bit more distant, showing to be less affectionate towards the latter because the older they grew the more conscious they were, the more shy and paranoid they became.

Yunho was still as sweet as ever, mostly when they were by themselves.

They were still best friends, of course. Yunho was still kind and sweet, but Mingi thinks that if eyes weren't on his friend so much, Yunho would let loose and wouldn't be afraid to show everyone the real him. But it was hard, especially when he was the popular, gentle giant of the school, diligent with his education, and, of course, engaged in his extracurriculars, participating in football, basketball, and even the student government association. So, Mingi understood the change of personality, his best friend had to be proper, had to be prim.

Mingi was the less-known one of the two, but he still did his due diligence for the school. He helped in the library, especially in the manga section, he wasn't into acting, but he enjoyed the drama club. However, his heart went to the gardening club. Something about the flowers blooming and the serenity of the whole atmosphere made sense to him.

Oh and he was considered a tad bit weird, he had an odd sense of taste when it came to fashion. It was all over the place. One day, he's head-to-toe in black, baggy jeans and a tight shirt. Then the next day he's pink or yellow, with a pretty flowy skirt that danced in the wind as he worked in the garden.

Mingi wished he was showered with love regardless if they were alone or in public, that was his love language after all, but what he could get is what he would take. Yunho had big things coming for him and Mingi was very proud, he would always support his person.

Mingi hunched forward, gently watering the small crevices of the flower bed filled with sunflowers. The plants were healthy, already growing more than two feet in length. He was ecstatic at the results of his work. The time, effort, and love he showered his favorite flowers in was paying off.

He moved to the next bed filled with chrysanthemums and cosmos, getting ready to water them. "Hey Min! How are the flowers coming along for the Fall Fest play?"

Mingi was greeted by his bright-eyed, wide-smiling friend (might he add buff). The taller beamed a smile, pushing his round spectacles with the back of his hands, "Sannie! The roses are ready for your drama club, the fall play just needs to hurry up"

San laughed, helping Mingi up to his feet. The taller stretched, releasing the tension in his muscles that built up from the past hour he had spent attending to his school's garden. "The troupe's almost ready. We'll forever be in your dept with how hard you're working on the final touches," San mentioned, grabbing the watering can and helping Mingi water the rest of the beds and potted plants.

"Yeah, yeah— anyways, to what do I owe your impromptu visit?" Mingi removed his gloves, "Just checking up to make sure you're alive. Yunho wants to make sure you don't lose track of time again," the shorter teased.

"Oh my god, it was like a couple of times," the younger whined, taking off his sun hat and untying his long, unruly, red hair. He let his scalp breathe after being suffocated all morning. "A couple of times too many, Mingi-yah."