✿ special ✿

Ateez travels to another universe where they record a new wanteez episode. A baking competition in a quaint little dessert shop owned by the Song family.

aka kpop idol Yunho and non-kpop idol Mingi.

-

"Is San really your bias?" This was a question that wasn't meant to come out but before Yunho could stop himself, Mingi's expression already gave an answer.

The latter looked sheepish at first, "um, yeah— you all are great don't get me wrong! " it was true that he admired San, but he felt the guilt of choosing a favorite. It was quite embarrassing to explain to a member of Ateez why he liked another member of the group. He tried his best not to choose favorites, but the boys were quite incessant on trying to find out who Mingi's bias was.

"But?" Yunho pushed.

"But?" Mingi inquired. Not following where the conversation was going. Mingi really didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings with the whole bias situation. Especially Yunho who seemed to care a lot more.

"There's clearly a but? What does San have that I—that... that the rest of us don't?" Yunho just had to know. What was different? Before the group accidently travelled to this new universe, Mingi would always choose him in a heart beat. Now, Yunho was just another person in Mingi's orbit, but this time he was in the background.

"No one's lacking anything, I just-"

"Alrighty, stop interrogating Mangi. You're becoming more unfavored than biased," Wooyoung chided, pushing Yunho away from Mingi.

Mingi let out a breath, thankful for Wooyoung's rescue. Yunho was wonderful, really, he was, but he was pretty assertive, and it didn't help that Yunho was ridiculously handsome. Mingi felt too queezy around the taller.

"Go make yourself useful and serve the customers," with a last push out the kitchen doors, Yunho finally left, an audible sigh of relief could be heard from Mingi.

"Don't mind him, I promise he's not always like that," Wooyoung busied himself picking up where Yunho left off.

"It's kind of hard not to mind him when he's so... very... bold," Mingi tried pinpointing the correct word to describe Wooyoung's colleague without offending anyone.

Mingi continued to mix the brownie batter, pondering how his quiet life turned into a show special for one of the rising boy groups in K-pop.

It was a wonderful opportunity for his family's little shop, fun even. All the members of Ateez were all so easygoing and charming. However, Mingi couldn't help the little butterflies that stormed his tummy when the members got too friendly. Especially Yunho. He couldn't help but feel like a shy school girl, all panicked inside surrounded by a bunch of handsome men that were way out of his league.

No one really paid attention to him, but now seven famous, gorgeous idols laid eyes on him. How was he suppose to function?

"Mangi? Min? Mingi!"

Mingi shook his head, clearing his thoughts, trying to focus.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

"We're gonna shoot again with everyone after closing shop. The director wants to add some more scenes," Wooyoung explained, "are you alright?"

The taller nodded, smiling to relieve the younger's worry.

"After seeing the members working hard today, who do you think had the best chemistry with your son eomma-nim?" the director asked.

Mingi's eyes widened. What kind of a question was that? Why do they keep putting him on the spot? Mingi could feel the heat travel all over his body.

"Who would you say is a good match?" the director joked. Everyone laughed, but Mingi could see the eagerness in one member's face.

"I actually have someone in mind, but I'll let you pester Mingi-ya about it," Mingi's mother teased. The group wailed, pleading to hear an actual answer.

Yunho needed to know. This universe may be against him and Mingi being together, but if Mingi's parents approved of him, there's still some hope he could hold on to.

"Eomma please?," Yunho smiled, trying to sweeten Mingi's parents up.

"Could we get a hint?" Hongjoong added.

"I can't really say... Mingi knows who I'm talking about, so it's really up to him to give the nice fellow a chance."

Mingi whined, hiding his face behind his sweater covered hands, "eomma please."

Mingi's dad chuckled, patting his son's back.

It seemed that both parents supported, Yunho just had to find out which member it was.

"If I had to choose an Ateez member, I'd say Wooyoungie," Mingi's father pitched in, his mother nodding enthusiastically.

Everyone was baffled, even Wooyoung who was not at all expecting it. It was an unspoken decision between San and Yunho, no there was Wooyoung.

Yunho was quiet realizing that the person Mingi's mother mentioned was not in fact in the room with them. Meaning this was a completely different person he was dealing with.

This universe really had it out for Yunho, but he'd show em— well whoever it was. It didn't matter what world he was in. Mingi was his.

-

A special little story I've had buried in my drafts. I posted it on tiktok, so here's a longer version to make up for some of my hiatus time 🥹

I do have another part to this, but I wanted to get this out as soon as I could. If you wanna see the next part just let me know! But next chapter for "you're my person" is in the works :) thanks so much for your suggestions and warm words in the previous note! ☺︎