11

"Are you sure you don't want me to talk to him?" Mingi's mother questioned as he passed him the tray of soup and her famous japchae.

"I think later is best. I wanna get him to relax first," Mingi placed the tray on his nightstand, then looked around the room, trying to figure out what to do next.

Mingi's mother could sense the uneasiness of his son, feeling the need to reach out and engulf him in a hug.

"I know this isn't the right time, but the tension between you two— I can feel it from a mile away," she teased softly, ruffling her son's damp hair with his towel.

"Eomma!" Mingi whined as he playfully pushed his mother away, trying to avoid her incessant ruffling.

"Alright, well I'll be in my room, dear. Let Yunho-ah know that, just like you, he can talk to me whenever."

Mingi kissed his mother good night, ushering her out the door and making sure she actually went straight to her room to finally rest.

Mingi sighed, looking out through his window, the rain's continuous thud forming a rhythmic sound in his quiet room.

Mingi wasn't sure where to start. This was the first time something like this happened with Yunho. He wasn't sure if he would be able to provide what his best friend needed. Mingi had qualms about this thought, especially given their current state.

Maybe Yunho didn't need anything from Mingi. But Yunho did tell him to stay... One thing Mingi did know was that he wouldn't be going anywhere until they both figured things out or if Yunho wanted to randomly storm out, there was that too.

Mingi could hear the pause of the shower, Yunho moving around in the bathroom.

Mingi busied himself, straightening the bed comforter and fluffing his pillows. More minutes passed, and the taller came out, towel rubbing against his wet hair, wearing the clothes he had left during their last sleepover.

"I called San, and he just told me to go away... You called him?" Yunho asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Sannie's gonna handle the team and your coach, so don't overthink it. Jong and everyone else are handling the Fall festivities. I also called your brother to let him know you won't be going home today. He's coming over tomorrow, he was a little upset but he'll manage."

And just like that Yunho felt the remaining pressure dissipating. Mingi always had his back without Yunho having to ask. He wasn't sure how to explain himself to Mingi. Right now, he just wanted to be with Mingi and relish in his presence.

"Come and eat before your food gets cold," Mingi ushered him to come closer.

Yunho approached the bed, taking a seat, pulling Mingi towards him before the younger could grab the tray of food.

Mingi stumbled slightly in between Yunho's legs, the younger, holding onto the man's shoulders for support.

Mingi sighed as he felt the older's grip tighten around his waist, "Eat, Yunho-yah." The younger tried glaring, but Yunho continued to pout, looking up at him. Mingi gulped, his heart too weak to deal with such a stubborn golden retriever.

Yunho was seriously sick of hearing his name come out of Mingi's mouth. If it wasn't Yuyu, he didn't want it. Yunho letting loose like this was strange at first, but the more he fell into it, the more comfortable he felt. Remembering the moments he did give himself with Mingi—it felt like home.

"Not Yunho," the taller grumbled, no plans of letting go. Mingi peeked at Yunho, trying to figure out what he was getting at.

This Yunho was such a rare sight—the Yunho who came out on the latest of nights when it was just the two of them, sleep deprived in their own little world. Mingi cherished this Yunho because he didn't let the weight of the world bury him; he was free without the everyday stress beating him blue. However, Yunho only got to this headspace when he was the most stressed, when the weight of everything became too heavy for him to shoulder. It was a double-edged sword.