06

The first moments of a new change always need time to get used to. Mingi showing Yunho affection was the custom they practiced, the system they woke up to every morning. So, Yunho had to orient himself to this transition, emotionally, at least.

Mingi and Yunho were alright, so he didn't need to stress about it.

However, morning practice was something he needed to stress about. The coach made him come earlier to help the newest, unplanned member of the team acclimate. Yunho knew this was another responsibility on his plate. He just hoped the new guy wouldn't need his hand held.

Then there was Fall Fest, which started at the end of the week, the homecoming game, and college applications that needed to be done. Not to mention his family situation. Bless his parents for providing for the family, but that meant oversees trips that lasted days. His brother could take care of himself, but as for house hold chores and cooking... that was something Yunho wasn't as good at. Yunho kept his place tidy, but actually cleaning, doing the laundry, sweeping, he never had to do thanks to his mother who made sure he only focused on school and holding up the family name. Cooking was out of the question, he could burn half of his house down without even trying. Yunho's brother was the same, but of course, messier. They weren't such a perfect combination to leave alone for a few days. It would get messy.

Time was ticking, and Yunho's life was picking up its pace faster and faster. All the responsibilities making itself known.

"Are you and Mingi... okay?" San asked with a hint of caution, breaking Yunho's focus from the inside of his locker. San stared at him, unsure whether to laugh or be concerned at how lost in thought his friend was.

"Huh?" Yunho's reaction confirming San's worries.

"You and Mingi, what's going on with you two?" San huffed, trying to get Yunho's attention.

"We're fine," Yunho threw his jacket inside, closing his locker. "I'm more worried about the Fall Fest and our homecoming game." San scrunched up his eyebrows at what seemed like Yunho's attempt to undermine the situation happening between him and sweet ole' Mingi.

Yunho shook his head, running his fingers through his distressed hair, "I didn't mean it like that."

"Okay, but something happened, huh? You think Hwa Hyung and I didn't notice yesterday?"

"Nothing bad happened. Nothing bad ever happens," Yunho sighed, trying to hold in his groan. He appreciated San's concerns and all of his friend's concerns, but it didn't help when they were making him worry when there was nothing to worry about. He and Mingi talked it out, and right now, they were on pause. He needed to focus on his responsibilities. Mingi understood that, they both did.

"Don't worry about it. Mingi and I talked it over, promise."

"Fine, I won't push anymore. Just know we're all here when you need us," San patted his captain's back. Yunho nodded in return, ultimately thankful.

Yunho needed to get out on the field soon to relieve all the emotions storming inside. He looked forward to practice because, from six to seven in the morning and three to six in the afternoon, he didn't have school, family, and responsibilities on his mind. Yes, he had to lead here and there, but his members could carry themselves just fine. Yunho enjoyed not thinking about everything he had to do. He just focused on playing.

Yunho stretched his arms abruptly, grumbling loudly as his muscles burned. He wanted to stop thinking, even for just a moment. The built-up stress melting, but not enough to satisfy him.

"Okay, okay, let's go. Coach's introducing the new running back."

"There you are!" The coach called out, giddiness reverberating in his voice. Yunho jogged towards the man standing next to another student, who most likely was the new guy on their team. His group greeted him with pats on the back or shouts of acknowledgments from afar.