Chapter Six: Deals

I walked into the small council chamber with my head held high and saw the men of the council sitting there with Jeahaerys, Bealon and my envoys present.

"Gentlemen"

"Empress"

My envoy bowed and the other Lords murmured 'your grace' at me. I could see Lord Corlys was eager to talk to me, I walked towards Jeahaerys and sat opposite Bealon before everyone else sat down.

"So Gentlemen, were have we gotten?"

I was given the documents and started reading through them at a fast speed, checked the details and marked several that needed to be changed then I saw something that made me smirk then another that made me frown.

"Now Gentlemen, I have marked several areas that need adjusting but two of these made me pause.
I understand the strange male desire to seal things in marriage."

I said this with a smirk on my face and saw some of them good red.

"The question is.....who are you wanting to marry me?"

I said again with a teasing smirk causing some to go more red when I look at Bealon who was smiling at me.

"That would be me, Empress Visera."

I smile at Bealon because I love older men and he was completely my type.

"That is acceptable but this next clause is ridiculous......my first born.....Son.....Will be heir that will be changed....I will make who ever is fit for the role to be heir."

"But..."

"Sometimes the first born or even second born are not the right choice to rule. Weak personality, easily led etc. I refuse to hand my empire over to an idiot. "

The men looked at me in shock and some nodded their heads at that because no one wanted a weak ruler and Bealon was one of those nodding.

"The fact that you think only men can rule.....is concerning for the future of the poor woman in Westeros.
This will be changed before I sign anything and also I would like to add a stipulation that no Measter is welcome on any council. They are hear to heal not to interfere in politics."

I looked at the Grand Measter as I said this and then made a shewing motion which in his shock he followed before looking at the rest.

"Are we in agreement?"

"Okay what about the succession of Iron Throne?"

"What do you mean Empress?"

"Are you having open succession as well? Please tell me you are honestly not going by this first born non-sense?"

They all looked confused and bashful but Lord Corlys spoke.

"It is tradition, Empress"

"So.....you would leave a seat of power.........for a first born.........that could be manipulated......like Viserys?"

Bealon looked at me then in confusion and I looked at him in shock.

"Your heir.............has been following Otto Hightower around like a dog.
He has disregarded his brother Daemon  as a Meagor reborn when the poor man is no such thing, a little wild but who isn't at his age.
This second son whispers in his ear and it becomes fact,Visery is so focused on forcing his wife to have a son when he has an heir in his daughter.
That is a strain on a womans health, he has shown little care for the woman he claims to love.
If he can not care for her or his daughter then how is he really going to care for the kingdom."