one

The white noise on that TV filled that empty, dark living room. The only furniture present is a single-seated couch and a rag.

The atmosphere is quiet, with tension in every corner of the house. The humidity is low, and when the white noise on the TV starts to slow down, exchanged with a sudden news out from nowhere, a scream from the basement is heard.

This wasn't the first time it was like this. The scream was on a daily basis, but no one ever heard the voice of agony from the outside. The walls are too thick and impossible for anyone to hear anything from the inside.

After three minutes painful scream was heard, a mid-fifty man came out from the basement with zero expression before he walled out from the house and locked the door shut from the outside.

The young woman inside the basement, instead, was lying down, breathless. The corner of her cheek is slightly bleeding, and her cheek is red. Her legs were chained to the walls.

A smug flashed on her face as she sighed in relief. Not today, not tonight. There will be one day when she can get her revenge.

Minjeong was held captor inside the house for two years now. To begin with, she was kidnapped together with her best friend, Yunjin. Not until one day, their abusive captor killed the poor girl.

Now, there's only Minjeong. Hurt, tired, suicidal, and revengeful.

Her room in the basement was only filled with a worn-out mattress for her to sleep every night. Her captor took her every week. Sometimes he is nice, sometimes he isn't.

When he is nice, he would unlock the chain on Minjeong's feet, letting the young woman walk freely around the empty house. If he isn't, he will lock her inside the basement with his abusive desire.

Buy today, he isn't the nice guy.

Minjeong wiped away the blood with her thumb, feeling disgusted with herself for couldn't fight him stronger, tougher.

Her captor never sexually assaulted her. He never did. However, his psychotic behavior is strongly obsessed with torturing people, mostly young women like Minjeong.

Minjeong wonders, is there even anyone trying to find her after she went missing two years ago? Has anyone questioned her disappearance? Why did they never find her in this shitty dusty dark house? Has everyone presumed that she's dead?

Minjeong pushed her thoughts aside, trying to get up from her painful state. Shit. She guessed her captor hit that spot again. That particular spot on Minjeong's ribs that she's sure enough got a cracked bone from his meticulous hitting.

"Ouch..." is the only word she could say at the moment.

When she slowly got up and practically shuffled her painful body towards the thin mattress, all she could think right now was to die in peace, end this torture, and follow wherever Yunjin had gone.

But the room is too empty, and the metal chain is too short for her to hang strangle herself.

Losing hope, Minjeong silently closed her eyes. Not crying or shouting. She knew it was all useless, and she'd lose lots of energy from doing so.

It's better to be quiet, for now.

.

.

.

.

.