five

Jimin just got back from her drama shooting that day. Tired, she parked her car before going inside the elevator with a heavy sigh. Having two jobs at one time is hard, but this is the best choice she has. Probably the most impressive one of all.

No one ever suspected her as a spy. Not even once.

She unlocked the door to her apartment, feeling tired from all her hard work. She threw her Dior handbag mindlessly to her queen-size bed before she stripped her clothes off one by one.

Slim figure, feline lines walked into the shower, under the warm rainfall. Jimin sighed lightly, thinking about the drug case she was handling right now.

It is too mysterious.

The house is too quiet. There's no talking, and there's no name.

Jimin might have seen that man's face after he walked out of that house that day, but it was too far for her to see it clearly, and yes. It is the 21st century, but Jimin forgot to bring her camera that day. That's really a silly mistake of her.

Jimin came out from the shower with her bathrobe on. Her wolf-cut hair was down, damp. She headed to her working station, switching on her laptop for her new discovery.

She wonders what the noise-capturing device caught today.

.

.

.

.

.

five:
the name

.

.

.

.

.

The first few hours of the recording are the same as usual. White noise, metal clacking, shower. But when the recording hit 11, something happened.

"Oh. Someone's coming..."

Jimin put one hand on one side of her headphones, trying to focus on every sound detail she could hear. This was the first time she could hear something other than the three routine sounds from the dark house.

Sounds of the door slam shut before a man's voice cursing as he walked somewhere inside the house.

At first, Jimin just thought it might be like any other normal family argument.

But she is totally wrong.

A few seconds after that, she could hear the sound of something slamming on the walls, before it got darker and darker.

The muffled voice of a woman crying.

Groan of agony.

Whines of pain.

Shouts of horror.

Growls of anger.

Jimin's heart never beat that fast in her entire career as a spy. She never got this frustrated when she heard every hidden recording she had planted.

But this is different.

Something is just so wrong.

It keeps going on like that, and Jimin felt like her head might explode from all the painful noises.

She felt like she wanted to stand up and punch the walls until her knuckles bled.

"What the fuck actually happened in that house?!", angered and confused by the voice of horror. Jimin paused the recording for a moment.

She pulled the headphones off her head before she walked in a circle. Her fingers ran through her hair in frustration, as the same question kept repeating inside her mind.

"What actually I just heard?"

The voice never leaves her mind. That scream, that cries, that screech, that pleads.

Jimin excused herself to her kitchen, gulping down some water. Her body trembles and her senses somehow can't function as properly as she normally does.

This isn't what she expected to hear.

After she got herself to calm down, Jimin came back to her working station and put her headphones on. Then, she continued playing the recording.

Her hands formed into fists. This suffering voice never stops! Jimin wanted this to stop! It is too much for her to hear!

But then, all of a sudden, she got what she wanted for a while.

A name.

She got her name.

"Minjeong", Jimin gasped before immediately typing the name out in the database. About two thousand results popped out, and all the 'Minjeong' inside the country were there.

When Jimin inputted it into more specific, stating that it was a 'Minjeong' that stayed at St. Ford Street. Sadly, nothing showed up.

"Think, Jimin. Think!", the voice of agony keeps on playing. It doesn't stop. Jimin could become crazy from this voice of horror.

An idea clicked inside her brain, and she immediately typed out the 'Minjeong' in the missing person database. Her eyes jolted up when she saw the result.

Result: 1 people.

Kim Minjeong, 22.
Missing since April 2021 until now.
Adress: Busan.

Jimin tried to be positive. No way, don't tell her. It is not her. It is not that 'Minjeong'. Not that one.

Jimin clicked the details open, revealing an ID photo with the young woman's face on it. Then, she keeps hearing the voice from the recording.

"No... no no no...", Jimin keeps denying.

She recognized it. That voice, that name, that face. "Please, god. It is not her!", her eyes start to become teary as she keeps the recording playing.

That's when the raping part came.

"Fuck!"

Jimin throws her headphones down to the table in frustration, anger, panic, and worry. Her words are knotted, and her mind is blank. Her heart is breaking.

Jimin shouts her heart out, letting tears fall freely from her face. She squatted down, clawing her head in anger, extremely frustrated with this new fact.

Indeed, it was the same people. Jimin is pretty sure she is right. The voice. That's her voice. That's definitely her voice. The young woman Yungho keeps mentioning might be her.

It is her.

Kim Minjeong, Jimin's friend in high school, which also a friend that Jimin secretly liked for three years.

"Fuck. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!".

Her voice of agony going to haunt Jimin forever. Minjeong kept shouting, pleading, screeching. But the rape going on relentlessly. Jimin hands tremble in fear. She is never like this after going through so much in her job, but this time it is different.

It is Kim Minjeong! Damn, Jimin could curse and shout that name out loud. It is Kim Minjeong!

"Shit-- I need to do something!", Jimin hissed between her breath. Her hands formed into fists, determined to do whatever it would take to save her. To save Minjeong, from now that Jimin knows, her captor.

She would save her.

Even with murder.