eight

Minjeong eyes flutter open when she can sense that ray of lights from probably a window hit her face. Her head hurts, and her eyes strat to squint from the painful sensation. Her fingers started to tremble in confusion, not until someone suddenly held them tight in their grip.

Minjeong heart beats anxiously in horror, expecting it to be her captor, not until suddenly a woman voice greets her, and a figure comes into her blurry vision.

"Minjeong? Are you awake?"

Minjeong eyes start to squint again before the same hand grabbed her hand, holding them tighter. "You are not my captor...", Minjeong voice came out faintly.

Before she could question her whereabouts any longer, the woman body was held tightly into a warm hug. The unknown woman hand slowly caressed the top of Minjeong's head, only to make the clueless young woman more confused than ever.

"Who are you...? Where am I...?", she asked in her weak voice.

"You are at the hospital, Minjeong", the other woman words exchanged with soft sobs as she pulled out from the hug before she continued her words. "It's me. Jimin", she said.

When Minjeong vision starts to get back to it's normal state and she clearly could see the figure of the woman who still holding her hand tight, standing right beside her hospital bed, the younger woman eyes starts to get red before she tears out.

"J-Jimin... Y-You... saved me...", Minjeong words hitched, eyes never leave from looking at Jimin small smile.

Jimin gladly smiled wider, letting her own tears of happiness come down rolling from her cheek before she caressed the younger girl's cheek with her thumb. "You are free now, Minjeong".

.

.

.

.

.

eight:
the lies

.

.

.

.

.

Jimin had to tell the younger woman what happened, from where she heard Minjeong's voice screeching from the torture, to she secretly unscrewed and climbed up the washroom window to save her.

But, Jimin keeps the details about her secret job hidden. No, Minjeong couldn't find out that she is a spy. She won't risk this for both of them.

"I'm so glad that I could hear your shouts from outside the house. My heart really breaks for what happened to you", Jimin half-lied, holding Minjeong's hand tight like before, and then her face starts to frown in guilty.

"I'm really sorry for not knowing about your whereabouts sooner, Minjeong. I mean-- right after high school, we somehow lost touch with each other, and you know how busy I am with my work as an actress--"

"You are an actress?", Minjeong asked with her weak voice in amusement. Hearing this, Jimin just realized how stupid she is. Sure, Minjeong wouldn't know about it. The time Jimin starts acting is a bit later after Minjeong got abducted.

Replying the same amount of smile from Minjeong amused expression, Jimin answered, "I am. I'm sorry for that", Jimin looks to her left as she scratches her neck in embarrassment.

Minjeong still got her heart beating like the old days, Jimin wouldn't deny that.

Even with that pale face, bandaged head and right hand, injured lips, and broken leg, Minjeong still looks stunning in Jimin's eyes.

So ethereal, and cute.

Cute.

When the two young women got deeper in their small talks, hand in hand, a woman in a nurse uniform came in after greeted Jimin with her tiny smile. She then pulled out a syringe, supposed to be injected to the bag above the bed as painkillers.

Jimin just watched the woman closely, with a knowing look.

"Winter Kim, am I right?", the nurse asked, and it startled Minjeong. That wasn't her name. Before she could argue with the nurse, Jimin cut her immediately.

"Yes, it's Winter Kim", Jimin nodded her head as she flashed her tiny smile to the nurse.

Which is a fake one.

"Since you just got up from three days' sleep, the doctor suggested you to stay here a bit longer with your injuries. Is that okay with you?", the nurse asked before Minjeong glanced at Jimin for confirmation. The actress simply nods her head, squeezing Minjeong's hand in assurement.

"Yes, I understand", Minjeong replied slowly.

The nurse nods her head with a tiny smile before she continues again, "May I speak to your guardian for a while, miss Kim? The doctor wanted me to pass her a message", the nurse asked with that same smile.

Again, Jimin eyes were looking at her knowingly.

"Sure", Minjeong smiled back before she slowly let Jimin's hand go from her own. They look into each other's eye, smiling.

"From now on, your name is no longer Kim Minjeong. Safety purposes", Jimin nods before she continue. "Your captor is still out there, Minjeong. I just want to keep you safe and sound from now on".

"I understand, Jimin. Thank you", Minjoeng nods her head back before letting out her usual small smile. Jimin couldn't help but to smile back before finally headed out, following the nurse lead.

The door to the private ward is shut closed, and Jimin was outside with the nurse.

They look to their left and right, just to make sure no one was there to eavesdrop their conversation. When they are sure enough, the nurse starts.

"Like you asked, we investigated the house and collected every piece of evidence we could get. We confisticate three hidden cameras inside the house that captured every action from the inside, ma'am. Yours also there", the nurse said before the actress cursed with a low "Fuck".

"Blood samples, DNA samples, fingerprints samples. From there, we could identify three person living in the house", the nurse said with a low voice, showing a medical draft in front if the actress face like they are sharing some sort of medical information.

"Spill it", Jimin instruct.

"One from miss Kim Minjeong herself. The second one is dried blood sample from a woman named Huh Yunjin. They were abducted from the same place, and we assumed that they are held by the same captor", the nurse continued.

"No sign of Yunjin?", Jimin asked.

"No, ma'am. She's not in the house, and the dried blood sample we got is aged more than five months", the nurse continued before looking around again just in case.

"Okay, so who is the third one?", the actress asked before the nurse huffed in hesitation. The nurse tip-toed closer to the actress before starts to whispered into her ears cautiously.

"It's Kris Wu, ma'am. That singer, Kris Wu".