three

After that painful beating, Minjeong's weak body was left on the floor as her captor's face formed into a wide smile. He stroked Minjeong's hair gently before unlocking the chains on Minjeong's feet.

"Go. Take a shower. I'll give you three hours out", he said before he stood up, walking out of the room with the baseball bag still inside his hand.

Great. Minjeong did it. His mood is good now.

It is painful. Extremely painful. It feels like every blood vessel inside her body is popped. Every bone inside her body is cracked. Don't mention how she feels physically and mentally. It's all messed up. But one thing Minjeong is sure enough, and it will never change.

Her desire to escape. It will never torn away.

Her three days chained up feet are now free again. With a low moan, Minjeong slowly gets up from the floor. Drops of blood were visible on the floor, but all Minjeong could think right now was to relax even for just a few minutes under the shower.

She stands up, shuffling her body along the walls. Her legs are weak and her body is hurting all over from the beating. She is extremely hungry after getting no food for three days.

The walls from the basement room towards the shower trailed by her own drops of blood. As soon as Minjeong got inside and locked the shower door, that's when she could sigh heavily in relief.

"Instant freedom", it is. When her captor is in a good mood, he will let Minjeong off from that chain. Minjeong could walk around the house all she pleased, get to shower and clean herself, and most importantly, she got to eat something.

The water from the shower rained down her body, washing away all the blood from her head down to her legs and finally to the floor. A smirk flashed on her face as she ran her fingers between her hair.

Is it a painful smile, or a happy smile? Minjeong couldn't define it by herself.

She laughs a little, thinking about how messed up her fate. The smile on her face just got wider.

Her mental wasn't in the best state. Her feelings don't matter anymore at this rate, her captor never cares about it at all.

Talking about escaping, Minjeong already tried, twice. It wasn't as easy as she thought it would be. Even tho sometimes she could roam around freely inside the house, all the windows are locked shut, nailed, and screwed from the outside. Her captor always carried a gun in his belt, and Minjeong was once shot in her leg because she tried to fight.

She tried to kill herself so many times already, but she always ended up being alive again, under her captor's embrace. He would never let Minjeong die and repeat the same mistake he did to Yunjin.

He said he didn't want another woman to die anymore because of him. But the thing is that the torture he keeps doing is slowly killing Minjeong.

She called him stupid for not knowing that.

.

.

.

.

.

three:
mission one

.

.

.

.

.

Doing face-to-face interviews wasn't Jimin's thing. That method will screw up everything for her. Her identity, her mission, and her target would know her intentions by doing so.

Jimin doesn't need to talk to the people in the neighborhood about the house. They would tell the house owner if she did. Jimin has her own method. Secretive, but effective.

Jimin just parked her car a few blocks away from the house as she waited. She put on her sunglasses before she yawned her heart out.

Being an actress wasn't easy, even tho it wasn't her main job. She got a full night shooting for her drama yesterday, and now back to her spying job.

The clock almost hit nine at night, and the house was still dark, without a sign of any single human alive inside. Jimin almost gave up when sleep almost got her, but how shocked she was when she saw a human figure walk out of the house and lock all three locks from the outside.

Jimin jolted, grabbed her binoculars immediately, keeping her eyes on his actions.

"Geez, three locks on a single door. Such a psycho", Jimin mumbled as he saw that man finally walk away from the door towards a car.

"Oh? He got a car?"

The man had one, but he didn't exactly park his car in front of the house. Instead, he parked his black sedan five blocks away, which Jimin found extremely strange.

When she is sure enough that the man finally drives away from the street, Jimin looks at her surroundings outside her jeep. No human is present. Nice chance.

She got out of his jeep, being extra careful so that no one could see her.

This is the 21st century, and Jimin would laugh at anyone who would try to break into the house from the front door. Plus, there are three locks for her to uncover at the front door. She'll waste so much time on that.

Jimin wonders where was the daughter of the man that Yungho keeps talking about. The one that took the drug from Yungho's hand. Probably the one who bought the drug from him herself.

The house is too dark for Jimin's liking. There isn't even a single light from the outside or inside the house. All visible is darkness, wrapped by mysteries.

Jimin headed to the backyard carefully, trying not to make any single sound as she broke the window from the shower room with her laser cutter. When she was sure enough that the hole would fit her slim body, Jimin climbed in silently.

But, holy god. She was shocked to her death.

"What the--", the woman quickly covered her nose. The house shower filled with a nasty smell. Jimin doesn't know how to describe it. But the smell was pretty similar to blood, mixed with human sweat.

"Great hygiene you got here", she complained quietly, her eyes squinted in disgust as she swatted her hand in front of her face to reduce the smell, away from her nose.

She climbed up the walls carefully, placing a tiny noise-capturing device above the ceiling. At this rate, she could hear any voices coming out from the people inside this mysterious house from twenty kilometers away.

Jimin's job was supposed to be done here, but the white noise that came from outside the shower made her wonder. Is that the daughter of the man? and why is it white noise instead of television channels?

Jimin slowly opened the shower door, just enough to let her peel through the tiny space. Then, she saw her.

A woman figure on the couch, watching the white screen no signals TV with medium white noise. The figure didn't even flinch, and the house was too dark for Jimin to see the person behind that short brown hair.

"Shit. That's the daughter!".

Afraid to get caught by the daughter of the house, Jimin decided to leave. Her job here is done. For now, all her hope is on that noise-capturing device on the shower ceiling to give her every detail of the drug dealings.

But, what she don't know is that soon, that tiny device will uncover lots of darker secret of the dark house.