eighteen

Sooner Jimin discovered that many more people were going to die because of him.

Yunjin died.

Minjeong might die too, from all the brutality.

Soon after Minjeong, it might be Jimin's turn.

Looking back at this dimly lightened room, covered by the smell of Minjeong's fresh blood and Jimin's dried one, the actress somehow realized after calling the younger woman's name a few times more as she moved her limited moving body to her, she realized that the chair suddenly makes a squeaking sound.

"The chair...", she gasped before she moved her body on the chair once again. To confirm things even more, the chair squeaks again.

Determined to do anything for the younger woman, Jimin pushed herself to the limit once more. With fierce groans, gritted teeth, a bruised body, and a red face, Jimin wiggled her body like crazy.

Her eyes only dotted to the one and only lifeless Minjeong.

.

.

.

.

.

eighteen:
aching soul

.

.

.

.

.

The loosening chair squeaks even more as Jimin is determined more than ever to let herself free, at least to embrace Minjeong and provide the warmth she never actually gets for the last three years.

Tears fall freely from her cheeks nonetheless. But Jimin just wishes for one thing.

God.

Please let her reach Minjeong before anything happens to her.

Please let her hold her hands before death took her.

Please, just please.

Let Jimin look into her eyes, whatever is going to happen after.

As if the gods heard her prayer, one of the chair screws loose and fell off from its place. The rope behind Jimin's back came to loose when the chair broke into pieces.

A gasp came out from the actress's mouth when she realized she still had the chance. After freeing both of her hands from the ropes, she tore the tape on her legs apart before finally running towards the younger woman.

Jimin wasted no time throwing herself right beside Minjeong's lifeless body, covered with blood. She pulled her immediately into her embrace as she caressed the younger woman's cheek with her thumbs anxiously.

Throughout her entire life, she never felt her shaking this hard. But her world crumbled when Minjeong replied none.

"Minjeong... H-Hey... Stay with me...", Jimin said between her sobs as she kept caressing the younger woman's cheeks, fixing Minjeong's hair back in its place as her tears dropped down onto Minjeong's skin.