Chapter 1

THE MANIPULATOR
_____________________

The dawn breaks. I am sitting here all alone by myself in the library. No one's here at this moment.
Everything seems quiet.
It feels good when you're alone and can focus on your mission or goals. It's hard to work with full-focus if you do not like pitch sounds. Those sounds are so distracting and it makes me crazy. It just buzzes into my ears and takes my focus onto something else, my hardest times are at the gathering. They're all good but so noisy and crowded.
Yeah, I do not have friends. Nor even I tried to make one. I know I should but I don't think there is someone who would be interested in me.
Well, it's my fault. I should try to make friends and associate with other females but what if I became a laughing stock and we pull apart. We cannot tell what will happen in the future. Forget it. I am good at being lonely. I don't need friends.
Also, I have things to do. My main focus is on Mucchar. He is mysterious and spooky. He is always onto something that leaves me wondering.
I am trying my all to find him. I am not sure if I could. What if he finds out about it and kills me but that is not the worst option here. He is involved in some vicious crimes. As much as I researched about him, a lot of crimes were pulled open before me. Like pedophile, pedophilia, slave purchase in restricted area, making harmful weapon, demon rituals and such as more crimes are included there.
He did many heinous crimes. Most of them are against humanity but demon rituals are a vile offense.
He is no human.
I put some ink onto my brush and draw some sketches of Mucchar. I draw every angle of him, every scenario that flashed into my memory, I drew it.
The books are disorganized. The pens are laying around at the desks. The papers are unsteady. One has ink all over it. Messy things look fuzzy, I love clean halls but it looks beautiful, scattered all over the place.
I put some ink onto the brush again but something fell over me, the ink. I guess it might not be that beautiful.
I need to clean myself.
Now.
I looked back, to find something so I could block it from spilling onto the floor. I noticed Bari-ustaad, she was in a hurry. Then I remember the previous night, when Sultan Zafar asked Bari-Ustaad to meet him today. That's why she is in a hurry. He might've told her the time of the meeting. But isn't it like 6 o'clock in the morning?
He is all behind it, always finding mistakes in her work.
So irritating.
I wish I could stab that guy.
He gets on my nerves.
He seems troubled. That is why I try my all to avoid him but it seems impossible. He is everywhere. He has sent several guards in the Taleem Ghar (school). To my utter shock, students here said that never in the decades he sent guards in Taleem Ghar.
He is mysterious and scary. And I love it. Don't think I'm weird. Knowing the unknown is human nature. They're curious creatures. I am one of them. And Baghdad is filled with mysteries.
I find it weird how there is no record about the previous kings nor the heirs!
How could it be that nobody wants to talk about it or thought to research this matter?
No one remembers who was the previous Sultan of Baghdad. Nor do they remember what happened 18 years ago. Wasn't it the time when the Sultan of Baghdad, Sultan Zafar ascended the throne? Wait, is he...I brushed my thoughts away, there is no way he would put magic on the people of Baghdad, his own people.
He did not, right?
I looked at his picture that was hanging on the wall.
" Is he a tyrant? "
I gulped at my sudden voice. I said it out loud. Dumb me. But it makes sense. If I look at the records of Baghdad, many things directly attack the sultan.
'What if my suspension is true'- I try not to get that thought all over me.
But what if he is!
My mind lit. I need to find it. I don't care how dangerous it is, I am curious. When people are curious, they sometimes do dumb things. Maybe I am dumb. But whatever this is.
It.is. exciting.