Chapter 2

THE MANIPULATOR
_____________________

The mirror looks polished with its color and design. My features look clearer and laudable in it. The curls look perfect on it. I washed it today, I love caring about my hair. It's long and beautiful and shiny.
I am not someone who cares about looks, to be honest I never cared about my body that much. I don't give it much time. I never took care of it. But hair, I love my hair. They outlined my look too well. It brings out my feminine features.
In Baghdad, Long hair is trending. The more long it is, the more beautiful you're. Sometimes it makes my hair look small. Why wouldn't it be? People here love long hair, even men in Baghdad have long hair. Their hair ends at the neck.
So pretty and beautiful.
Just....if they were handsome.
I feel bad for calling them unattractive indirectly.
But truth is truth. Sorry.
I strangled my hair with one finger to make another curl in my hair but then I tossed it behind my ears. I looked at my dark circles, they were big and really shady. I opened a drawer to find my powder, but there wasn't any. I looked at another, but in vain.
I concentrated and thought where that would be, yeah, it is in my bag, I put that there. I looked at my bag that was lying on my bed. I searched through it and found it. I put some powder under my eyes and blend it.
Perfect.
Now, I can go to the main hall looking beautiful. Today Baari-Ustaad will tell us about an ancient story. It is really popular among the people of Turin. And now, I am really late, I am gonna go now.
I closed the door. I walked to the halls and saw Sabha walking towards me. I exchanged a few words with her and when we arrived at the room, we departed from each other and sat in benches. Baari-Ustaad came and started her lesson.
She is elegant, beautiful and like a fairy from heaven, not real fairy but felt like one. Three hours went by, we were off for today as Sultan again asked for Bari-Ustaad's reencounter.

Now, I have some time to work. I put on a black cloak, which is long enough to hide my appearance. Today Mucchar is going to sell all the humans he has caught. Human trafficking is one of the worst crimes a man could do. But for him, it is nothing but a game.
I pull all the courage and go for it. I need to save them. I know I should just sit down and read some books on how to be smart and not pull shits in life but sorry, I can't.

The place they were headed was a solitary place. There was no sign of human except the people of Mucchar and the slaves hidden in big boxes. They're round and made of strong woods. I hid behind the wall, and looked at all the people who were helping Mucchar. Those scumbags are helping Mucchar, they're all criminals. They're the foes of Sultan Zafar. I feel bad thinking that all these things are happening behind his back and he doesn't know about it. A king always worries about his country and his people. He never gets the time to rest.

I stood there in silence waiting for the time, I don't want to mess this up. I had to wait for the right time to come. I look at their clothes, they're all from the palace. Some of them are even the guards of Taleem Ghar. This is big news. So, how have I never noticed it! They literally wore the palace guard attire...wait, some of them could just be wearing it but may not be real guards.

I sighed in frustration, how come I am so stupid! Maybe I was born stupid. Forget it, does it matter now? No. So, I should focus on what is going on here instead of just talking to myself.

I looked at the scenario, wait, the guards are gone. They must've gone to rest. Yes, now I should use the opportunity to rescue the people. Yeah, great. Now I am great. I growled at myself. I should stop being so self-observed. I should go and rescue them.

" Here I come, " I said. I smirked. They're so foolish. They didn't even notice I was coming. Huh, how come they're involved in such a heinous crime, I mean they would be dead by now. If I rescue all the people without giving a trace, Mucchar would act bonkers on them. He sure will behead them. It's not my fault that they're involved here.

I'm ahead there. I looked at all the locks that were there and loosened all of them, escape all the people quietly.

I found an abandoned house two days ago, it was a little far from the crematory we went to for the mission of laal-Tein. I took all the people there and I asked if anyone was missing. I am glad no one is. I am happy that I saved people from those monsters. They're doing human trafficking. What a joke! I should've seen their faces. They must be afraid and looking like some rats who're going to be eaten by the cat, I referred to Mucchar.

" I am asking again, to see if anyone is missing. I don't want anyone to be endangered," I say. My breath felt heavier as I saw the people. They're saved. I saved them. I did it. I am capable of doing it. I don't know why I thought to take risks in the first place but it feels good. I am happy.

I heard a voice from behind. " Someone is, " a soft voice. Someone who is younger or a child. Maybe not more than 7 years old. I asked, " Who? "

" My mother. My father. My parents. "
I heard it clearly.
My mother. My father. My parents.
She said it. My heart clenched. My memories go back to when I was an orphan. No mother. No father. No relatives. No friend. No one was there to take care of me. No one was there to help me. I had no one.
I shake my head. Now is not the time to think about it. I step forward. " Your parents? " I took another step forward.

" I will find them, " I said. I look through the crowd to see her. The crowd made a path to it. I finally saw the girl. Tinted brown skin. Small, not more than 7 as I predicted. Her hair is gript with two pins. She is wearing a red dress with golden lace. She looks Innocent, has a doll figure feature.

" I will, " I said, giving her a reason not to be afraid. To be honest, I am afraid. I just don't show it. I hate the fact I might be giving her false hope.
I hurried back to Taleem Ghar.