Their blood

Somewhere...

Austria thrashed around. He was blindfolded and had tape over his mouth so he couldn't see what was strapped to his chest that was restricting him from getting up or even calling for help or even why he couldn't feel one of his legs. He stopped as he heard a muffled yell. He wasn't alone.

He was taken when he reached for Germany some hours ago. The place was warm, He wanted to gag at the mysterious smell but he couldn't, He just couldn't risk it. The air was heavy anyway. He heard a door open. the creaking of the door was a clue to where he was. "Take the one who we first caught". Austria heard someone hustling and yelling. He was then hit by a wing. Strange, he thought. Before the door closed he breathed in the fresh air from outside before it closed. Leaving him alone.

Hours went by and the person who was taken was thrown back in. It seemed like the person's blindfold wasn't tied properly as they scrambled to the door and banged on it. Austria saw this as an opportunity.  Austria screamed knowing that it would be muffled by the tape. he was frightened when he suddenly felt someone's hands on his face but the hands didn't do anything but pull down the blindfold. He looked up and saw Poland. He widened his eyes as he didn't expect for Poland to be involved in this. Poland ripped off the tape on his mouth before pulling Austria's tape before looking down and widened his eyes too , "What are you doing here?" Austria asked. "I don't know, I was just walking in Krakow and then some bastards ganged up on me in an alleyway but you should really-". Austria looked down before lifting it up as he felt a pain in his nose. He put his hand over his top lip and looked at what was coming down his nose.

Blood.

Poland noticed Austria's nosebleed. "Hey man, You need something for that or what?". "I don't know, Is there something nearby that i can use?". The two countries looked around. Getting the picture of the room they were in. Austria looked down where he saw the restraint wrapped tightly around his chest, restraining him to the wall. "What is this?". Poland looked over and noticed. It was still hard to see as it was dim but light enough to see anything. Poland tried his hardest to pull the restraint off, but it wouldn't budge. "Its stuck on you". Austria tried to push himself out of it, same result.

The taste of iron intensified, Austria had to use his sleeve to clean the nosebleed. Austria looked down at his legs and almost jumped when he saw that his leg was mangled. He didn't remember how his leg has gotten this bad. Maybe whoever took him had crashed? Austria looked up at Poland. "I tried to tell you-". "I know, I'm sorry but now I this to worry about". Poland chuckled. "Why are you laughing at this time!?". Poland had picked up a piece of hard string. "We can saw your way out of the restraint". Austria thought for a moment. "But wouldn't it be hard?". "Not if you had to do it for 5 years in a row for officers in a camp". Poland got to work, freeing Austria from the restraint. Austria tried to get up but fell due to his bad leg. Poland lifted Austria up and helped Austria to the door of the room. "Now how are we going to-". the door opened, where 2 guards and Britain stood before them. "Get them! Now!". The 2 guards tackled Poland and Austria. "Punish them now!". The 1st guard began to tug at Poland's wings after turning Poland over, Austria didn't want to give in easily, He backed up as he got out of the grasp of the 2nd guard. He couldn't bare Poland's agonizing screams. He wanted to wake up.

wake up

but he didn't. The guard took Austria's other leg and got out a dagger. Austria knew what was about to come. He tried to slap the dagger away from the guard but it sunk in his leg. A flurry of blood came out as the guard stabbed his leg over and over. What was minutes, felt like hours. 

The air was cool as the door's window was left open. Poland sat by the door, his eyes locked on the ceiling, only one of his eyes and wings were there but he was blind in the other that was still intact. Austria wasn't any better, soaked in his blood and laying on the pool of blood. Austria awaited death, hoping that he'll be out of this place. All Austria could do was drag himself out of the blood and get near Poland. It was better than dying alone. Austria asked in a weak tone "You're not deaf are you?". Poland looked at where he heard Austria's question, "No I just can't see". Austria noticed how Poland's voice was sort of hoarse, probably from screaming a lot, Austria felt dizzy, he tried to grab Poland before he fell down with a thump, alerting Poland. "Austria?". Poland tried to find his way to Austria, calling his name. Hoping for the best.

Austria wouldn't respond for days at a time.

Maybe he succumbed to bloodloss

Words: 891