|7| meet

I sat on the bed, facing Shivani, and we started having breakfast.

"Di, can I ask you something?" Shivani asked, worry etched on her countenance.

"Sure,"

"Di, are you okay? They really planned an early wedding. I was not expecting it," she said, with slight tears in her eyes.

"Shivani, it's no longer about my happiness but Papa's health. Anyway, I will be getting married, so how does it matter if it happens in the next fifteen days or fifteen months? It's going to happen, so let it be," I replied weakly, smiling at her.

She didn't say anything; she just kept looking at me.

I wasn't accustomed to having much for breakfast, so I quickly had a few slices of apple and a quarter of a sandwich.

A knock on the door caught our attention. Shivani slipped down the bed, and opened the door.

"Di, Roshni ji has come. She's asking both of you to hurry up," a house helper said, in a hurry.

"Okay, tell her, we are coming," Shivani replied, looking behind winking at me.

I quickly picked up my sling bag and came out from my room along with Shivani.

Roshni was sitting in the drawing room with my father. They were engrossed in a conversation. When she saw me, she came running towards me, threw her arms around me, and hugged me, giggling. She was like a cute baby to me, and in no time, I started liking her a lot.

"Bhabhi, you are looking stunning. Bhai is going to faint looking at you," she exclaimed in excitement.

Initially, Shivani, and now Roshni, both interrupted, expressing astonishment at my appearance.

I weakly smiled at her, feeling quite shy in reality.

"Why didn't he come inside?" my father interrupted.

"Uncle, actually, we were in a hurry, that's why," she replied politely.

"Let's go, bhabhi. Bhaiya must be waiting," she said.

"Okay, Papa, we are going then," I said to my father.

"Okay, beta, take care," he said, keeping his hand on my head.

Thinking about meeting him was making me shiver. I couldn't think properly, and thousands of questions were flooding my mind.

What would we talk?

What will I say if he asks me about my consent about this marriage?

Should I tell him the truth or lie to him?

What will I do if he turns out to be very rude?

Whole body felt weak,just with the thought of meeting him for the first time, but I kept walking towards the parking area, as he was waiting there.

As an introvert, the conjunction of my reserved nature, an early wedding, and the prospect of meeting him for the first time had me nervously on edge.

Shivani and Roshni walked in front of me, and I followed behind them.

It was the month of June, and the monsoon was around the corner, but today's weather was sunny and humid.

When I came out, my sight fell on him. He leaned on his car, looking at his watch, wearing black sunglasses, it was hard to discern where he was looking.

Dressed in a dark blue t-shirt and black jeans, he stood tall and handsome. His muscular body and veiny hands were visible through the hem of his t-shirt. Broad shoulders adorned the top of the shirt, and his sharp features seemed perfectly sculpted. Slight beards complemented his face well. In person, he was more captivating than in his photos.